Insurance

renewal quoted from Just Kampers at £349 :eek:
A-Plan dont seem to know their @rse from their elbow. Was pushed from pillar to post before I finally gave up. All the guy could say as he tried to transfer me for the 4th time was "oh, OK" t0$$er!
NFU next I suppose?

I Have a T6 kombi and a T5.1 van with Admiral on a multi van fully comp, with the wife on there, £400 for both.
I did have a T5 camper insured with Glynwood, did me a good deal for about 6years but then you find out that you don't get any no claims bonus with camper insurance, so couldn't take any discount to new combi.

NFU Mutual "we close in 5 minutes can you call back another time?"
WTF?

Not sure to be honest. Just called the main number from the web and was put through to that response. Not impressed but understand.
If you were going to do it that way surely you would at least take the last calls 15 mins before to make sure no-one gets that response. 15 mins is generally enough for a quote call or at least to set up a call back. NFU seems to be a bumkin type business for farmers tho.

LOL...far from a bumpkin business.
The trouble is, they are franchised and if you get the wrong franchise you get crap a crap service.
I have dealt with Bridgnorth for years for all of our insurances, including business and they are all excellent.
Im not a farmer by the way. As i said before in previous threads, they fully understand why a VW "van" is valued at £80k PLUS and will insure it based on all the mods.
Try explaining that to Direct Line etc.

Right renewal has just come through for my van. Checked comfort and the price is very good however not sure if I'm reading the self build statement correctly? Anyone used these recently on a self build? Seems to suggest self builds are ok if already converted with photographic evidence?

I hate this hassle with car/van/house insurance every year.

Last edited:
Feb 2021 .... T6 in an inner city post code - semi converted with added windows ... 50% cheaper than Adrian Flux with Just Campers £800.00 to £400.00 (even though the two companies are the same) weird!

Feb 2021 .... T6 in an inner city post code - semi converted with added windows ... 50% cheaper than Adrian Flux with Just Campers £800.00 to £400.00 (even though the two companies are the same) weird!
I had a similar experience with Adrian Flux & Just Kampers. A cynical Yorkshiremen might suspect that the JK price is around where it should be, Adrian Flux quote you an exorbitant price to make JK look cheap, therefore you snatch JK’s hand off. If some mug stays with AF at the silly price, bonus for AF.

Back