Insurance

Mavis628

T6 Pro
hi guys what company is the cheapest you have going to insure your T6 camper conversions think I’m having my pants pulled down!

Cheers
Steve

Try Comfort. They may not be the cheapest but I’ve been impressed with their service eg sending out Green Card quickly and repair response when someone drove into the side of us.

I was paying £225 with Direct Line when I just had the van. However, when I had it converted and informed them of such they declined to insure it.

I went with Adrian Flux in the end. £450 p/a. Not too bad but I'd prefer it a hundred quid or so lower.

I think ours was £370 with Comfort. Might have helped that our converter (CMC) were on their list of approved companies. Plus of course location.

Another vote for Comfort, always found them to be the cheapest with really good service. I pay £270 but that's probably not relevant to most as I'm an old git, 2nd vehicle, living in the sticks and garaged every night

@Mavis628 Nfu and in particular the bridgnorth branch. 2 top girls there who understand why a "van" is worth £60k. To them they are just insuring a value, they understand the mods.
Mention the forum and I'd be surprised if they don't give you a competitive quote.
Can't fault them in the case of a claim to....

A-plan, Thatcham branch. £398. Went up slightly from last year to reflect value of conversion but great service from them. Tried NFU and they wanted double ☹️, always amazes me the variation in quotes people get from different companies.

Just insured mine, Adrian Flux renewal was £840. Caravan club was £731, Just Kampers £442. All were with Axa. Adrian Flux & Just Kampers are the same company which is annoying. XS with AF was £600, JK £350. JK also did me 270 day European cover included.

Adrian Flux will give you a 15% reduction if you state that you're a T6 Forum member.

Well, they did for me.

Thanks for the steer
Just managed to insure my T6 Motorhome with Just Kampers for £240.08

Thanks for the steer @Zappa34. I have a 2017 T6 - T32 DSG 150 (fairly standard, not converted, currently lined only). Age 50+; no accidents/points in last 5 yrs but only 1 yr no claims).
Renewal quote was over £650.
So following this thread I tried NFU Bridgenorth: £1800 (cough); Comfort: no good as they only do converted vans; and then Just Kampers: £299. Splendid.

The guy was really helpful and would recommend. Delighted thank you!

£300 with A Plan, which I thought was expensive. My 1300cc MC is £85 pa and my car is £220. I had a devil of a job getting it insured for a "reasonable" price. Most didn't want to know as it's not on the list of 30 or so "approved" converters. Van only insurance on a Renault Trafic Semi-Auto (shh) was £230 last year.

Back