Insurance For Caravelle

Annie

Hello, picking up nearly new Caravelle 204 DSG 4motion in 4 weeks and trying to source a decent insurance quote. Any recommendations who to go with and idea of how much I should expect to pay. Thanks.

Just renewed mine with hasting. 425 quid for 2 drivers parked on the road.

I went with Brentacre after lots of recommendations on here, excellent personal service. Very easy going on mods too. I paid £500 for business use as well.

Filled the forms in on brentacre twice and never got a response

Hello, picking up nearly new Caravelle 204 DSG 4motion in 4 weeks and trying to source a decent insurance quote. Any recommendations who to go with and idea of how much I should expect to pay. Thanks.
£450 same spec at lv with business use

thanks all, my quotes are coming in between £600-£700 from Brentacre, Hastings and LV due to modifications (spoilers, side steps, allow wheels, discovery media system). I'll get looking..

thanks all, my quotes are coming in between £600-£700 from Brentacre, Hastings and LV due to modifications (spoilers, side steps, allow wheels, discovery media system). I'll get looking..
How can the discover media be classed as a modification when T6's roll out of the factory with that unit?

have taken the discover media and alloy wheels out but still over £600. Think I've struck gold with Admiral's multicar insurance though as they quoted £425

I queried mods with Aviva just to play devils advocate really... I argued that if it's a factory option it's not really a modification, it's an optional extra. If I buy a sportline and keep it bog standard.. have I modified it from the factory spec? Nope. That's how it comes. So why should I be penalised for adding parking sensors? Or side bars? Or LED lights?
They agreed with me!!!!
So I've declared all my optional extras and didn't pay anything extra for them.
Of course this is a bit harder to argue when you've lowered it 50 mil put 20 inch rims on it and a had it remapped!

Last edited by a moderator:
have taken the discover media and alloy wheels out but still over £600. Think I've struck gold with Admiral's multicar insurance though as they quoted £425

It's a 'kin lottery this insurance lark.... I've got my daily insured with Admiral but they wouldn't add my van on multi car cos 'it's multicar and it's not a car'!!!!

Original OP, try Herts, was insured last year with them and very reasonable. I'm going with Directline this year.

Walski, I had both Hastings and Admiral tell me today that my 7 seater Caravelle is not a van when I was trying to get van insurance quote but a car!
Hence Admiral included it in their multicar policy - worth trying again if you are looking for a reasonable deal

Hi

I've just bought a 2006 caravelle exec and tried a few online insurance quotes the cheapest that has come back is 1k and up to 3k I can't believe how bad the quotes are I've got a clean license 10 years no claims im 40yo, live in a decent area. Put in 9000miles 3rd party only and parked on a drive. How is it so dear I've tried LV, Hastings admiral, Adrian flux all crazy quotes no modifications etc etc
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, have you tried gocompare.com or confused.com to see if they give any indication which ins co's to target? Your quotes sound crazy, and there was I thinking originally that my £600-700 quotes were bonkers..

Hi Annie

Yeah I tried both, so far esure have come back the cheapest on gocompare when reducing milage to 5k p/a at £900 strangely though it was cheaper doing fully comp than 3rd party. I can't believe it's so expensive, the insurance group is 32 so shouldn't be that bad

I often find fully comp is cheaper than 3rd party
Try brentacre and A Plan they transporters and seem to be some of the best around especially for mods/conversions

My T6 Highline 150 is about £1000 with Brentacre cos my no claims is on my A5, and tho you can only drive one at a time, each vehicle accrues it's no claims not the driver....confused!!! .......but does include business use. ( the A5 cabrio is about £160, the Fiesta about 450, all fully comp for domestic and pleasure.

Back