Inspection cover T6

Hello
For those who know can you please tell me if it's possible to remove the cambelt plastic cover to check the condition of the belt without the need of removing any other components!? Is it on clips or fasteners!?
I'm not familiar with this.

Deffo can be removed to check as just had mine checked for an oil leak by my local garage while in for service.
He did say however that modern belts don’t necessarily show signs of ware before they go pop, hence the need to change at the specified time/mileage irrespective of how they look.

Deffo can be removed to check as just had mine checked for an oil leak by my local garage while in for service.
He did say however that modern belts don’t necessarily show signs of ware before they go pop, hence the need to change at the specified time/mileage irrespective of how they look.
Which specified mileage though lol ….isn’t a yearly visual inspection part of European service schedule

The van I'm buying has 26k on the clock
It will be the first thing I'll be doing if the sale goes ahead for piece of mind

Which specified mileage though lol ….isn’t a yearly visual inspection part of European service schedule
[/QUOTE
It’s 120k or 4 years now.
I guess a yearly inspection makes sense and it will show any oil contamination or visual deterioration, but I guess what he was saying is lack of visual defect on an ageing belt isn’t a guarantee that it won’t go bang.

Back