Inovit Revolve wheels 20"

Hi, they are only budget ones but seem fine and i dont intend to go very fast...lol they are Powertrac 255x35 ZR 20 102W XL

Hi, they are only budget ones but seem fine and i dont intend to go very fast...lol they are Powertrac 255x35 ZR 20 102W XL
No good for a T32 then. Shame. Wheels do look similar to Revolve I agree.

the tyres are not correctly load rated for your vehicle, should be 103 minimum

Yes I've literally just discovered this! i will be taking the matter up with the company that did my mods first thing Monday morning, so the tyres I've got, if i were to be in an accident my insurance would or could be void?!! :eek: :mad:

I've just sent an email to Bola to ask for conformation that the wheels are load rated high enough for a T32, the web site says they are 'van rated' but that sounds a bit too vague for my licking now.

It just shows the power of this forum and im extremely grateful to you guys for pointing this out. We give our vehicles to companies to carry out mods for us without questioning things like this, when you dont know about this kinda thing, i just expect the people im paying to know for me!! :mad:

In your defence, I did exactly the same and was sent the wheels and tyres for the same T32 I told the company they were going to be fitted to, only to find out that the tyres, although 'Extra Load' rated, were not rated high enough for my van, and in fact the 19" wheel and tyre combination I desired is not even possible in a tyre rated 103 or higher. (if you input your T6 details right now into the wheel website, it will still tell you this combinations is suitable)
All this means I have to buy another set and move to 20" where the choice of tyre is far better. Sadly I didn't go down the cheap route to start with, and will end up with a very nice set of wheels that cost over £3000 with tyres which I cannot use or even sell to another Transporter owner!
Every day is a school day on here I guess, and it's my fault for not looking properly in the first place. The only bonus is I will choose a different style of wheel, and it will give my T6 a totally new look.

In your defence, I did exactly the same and was sent the wheels and tyres for the same T32 I told the company they were going to be fitted to, only to find out that the tyres, although 'Extra Load' rated, were not rated high enough for my van, and in fact the 19" wheel and tyre combination I desired is not even possible in a tyre rated 103 or higher. (if you input your T6 details right now into the wheel website, it will still tell you this combinations is suitable)
All this means I have to buy another set and move to 20" where the choice of tyre is far better. Sadly I didn't go down the cheap route to start with, and will end up with a very nice set of wheels that cost over £3000 with tyres which I cannot use or even sell to another Transporter owner!
Every day is a school day on here I guess, and it's my fault for not looking properly in the first place. The only bonus is I will choose a different style of wheel, and it will give my T6 a totally new look.
@Tourershine is the wheel tyre combo not suitable for a T30/T28? If so I'm sure they'll be lots of takers

Ok...i contacted the company who fitted my wheels and tyres and they have told me that having 102 load rated tyres on a T32 only becomes an insurance issue if you are involved in an accident while carrying over the weight that the 102 is rated at. Apparently there is only about 50kg difference between 102's and 103's load rating?

As most of our van spend most of their lives nowhere near there full load carrying limit there should be no real issue.

I would be interested to hear from anyone on here associated with the insurance industry to see if what I've been told this morning is true or not?

It seems feasible i think?....if you dont go over the load limit of a 102 tyre you should be ok? but we all know what slippery buggers insurance companies are o_O

I am no insurance expert but i always remember talking to a insurance guy inspecting a car and he told me if the car/van is not the correct spec from the factory then the insurance claim will be void. Tyre's and wheels are the first thing he checked . He had a tread gauge in his hand as we spoke :) .
Your wheels and tyres should be the correct ratting to your T32 as vw spec whatever you use your van for :thumbsup:

Hum yes i think i might contact my insurance company, they already know about the wheels but i need clarification on this tyre issue asap! :thumbsup:

As its a T32 the load rating of wheels and tyres come into an MOT so its also an MOT failure having incorrectly rated tyres or wheels

Just had long talk to my insurance company and they say the 102 is fine!? not overly convinced he understood the question but he said it was ok so who knows :rolleyes: I have just found on Blackcircles web site a 265 x 40 x 20 with a 104 ratting at about £90 each so as soon as my 102's need replacing ill go for those and yes i know it might muck up the speedo or gearing by increasing the rolling circumference a bit but im only going up from a 35 to a 40 but at least these will be a 104 so swings and roundabouts :whistle:

@dubdub Does that mean that if you were to load up the van with something.. or take a trip to collect something that might increace the load that you will change the tyres to 103's?.

You insurance should know this basic info.. if they are willing to put that in writing for you then fair game... but I would imagine that they would tie themselves down with this...

Your wheel provider should be educated!. Yes there is minimal difference between the tyre ratings but that is not the point..

Each-to-their-own pal..:thumbsup:

i'd definitely be getting that in writing off the insurance company, irrespective of their stance I would kick back at supplier as i dont believe what they are telling you, for me the van will fail its MOT and thats justification on its own...if you get a pull by the boys in blue i doubt that they will take the excuse of that the van is never loaded to that weight. they'd probably impound your vehicle and its such a simple check for them its a given that if pulled they'd have you for it.

Which wheels are best?
8.5X20 5X120 ET35 X 2

10X20 5X120 ET35 X 2

I'm no expert but I'd say there's a good chance that 10" will rub on the front.

Back