I'm Looking For...

MrBailey

VIP Member
Hi folks. I'm looking for any input or recommendations these things:

* Recommendations for reasonably priced and good quality sound deadening, insulation and lining in Midlands/Staffordshire area. I want to add some mid-level lashing points for my bike and equipment, and possibly box off the wheel arches and have a removable sleep platform that spans them.
* Has anyone hung a hammock (for a ~75kg adult) corner to corner diagonally in the rear? I've seen kiddie hammock across the front seats, but that's not what i'm looking for. Interested in whether that kind of weight can be suspended, and any other pitfalls. As I want to use the van for occasional overnights without going for a full conversion, this seemed like a simple way to do that.
* For privacy curtains, i've seen this set but it's only for front and front side windows. As I want to keep the van as standard as possible (so not fit curtain rails and fixed curtains) i'd like to find similar magnetic mats for the rear passenger side windows and rear tailgate window. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Hello Mr Bailey,

My first thought is that a 75kg person IS a child.. ahem..

I've no idea about the diagonal hammock idea, I'm afraid. It sounds cool, but the reality may be very different. Have you checked out these chaps..? https://www.flatoutcamperbeds.co.uk

That may give you space and a good nights kip alongside your bike.

I'd love to be 75kg again.. But not aged 14, which was possibly the last time. And it's pancake day today, too..!!! :rolleyes:

:D
Still sub 75kg... By a fair way... And 5 pancakes tonight. :rolleyes:
Yum.

Hi folks. I'm looking for any input or recommendations these things:

* Recommendations for reasonably priced and good quality sound deadening, insulation and lining in Midlands/Staffordshire area. I want to add some mid-level lashing points for my bike and equipment, and possibly box off the wheel arches and have a removable sleep platform that spans them.
* Has anyone hung a hammock (for a ~75kg adult) corner to corner diagonally in the rear? I've seen kiddie hammock across the front seats, but that's not what i'm looking for. Interested in whether that kind of weight can be suspended, and any other pitfalls. As I want to use the van for occasional overnights without going for a full conversion, this seemed like a simple way to do that.
* For privacy curtains, i've seen this set but it's only for front and front side windows. As I want to keep the van as standard as possible (so not fit curtain rails and fixed curtains) i'd like to find similar magnetic mats for the rear passenger side windows and rear tailgate window. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Afternoon, did you have any luck with locating a set privacy curtains that are only a temp install and easily removed? I've a Kombi and want am currently looking for similar but have only been able to find products for the front and not the rear side or tailgate.

Thanks

Afternoon, did you have any luck with locating a set privacy curtains that are only a temp install and easily removed? I've a Kombi and want am currently looking for similar but have only been able to find products for the front and not the rear side or tailgate.

Thanks

Hi. No, I never did find something like I was looking for. In the end I settled on using the Kiravans thermal screens that attach with suckers.

Back