Ignition Live Until Key Is Removed

There is no remote out on the VW head unit. Every time I turned the ignition off, the music would keep playing but I couldn’t hear it cause the amps had switched off. Now they don’t. Happy days :cool:

There is no remote out on the VW head unit. Every time I turned the ignition off, the music would keep playing but I couldn’t hear it cause the amps had switched off. Now they don’t. Happy days :cool:
So was that the parasitic draw?.

I went to the middle row with my piggy fuse for an active subwoofer that requires an ignition live wire which worked but I had to keep the ignition on. As soon as I turned the key off the head unit would keep playing but the sub would turn off. :(

The fuse @Deaky mentions (BCM fuse?) provides ignition live with the key turned to off so long as it stays inserted so the sub stays on without the engine running which replicates more how the head unit works.

Not entirely happy because I can't have the sub on when the key is removed like you can with the head unit so I'll be rewiring the sub to a high load to RCA converter with signal sense which will activate the sub whenever the head unit is playing then I'll be a proper happy chappy.
Rave On! :laugh:

Fantastic!
I've been looking for something like this so that the dash cam stays on even when the engine 'auto off' is active!

Many thanks,

(Now on to the next problem!)

Back