Ignition feed issues - Randomly not working ???[Resolved]

xswind

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Good day all,

I recently hardwired my Nextbase dashcam into my internal fuse box on my 2016 T6 Euro 5 Highline.
I used a piggy back fuse connector and placed this in the 3rd used fuse down in the centre column of fuses.

This was working fine most of the time but from time to time the dashcam wont come on when the ignitions is turned on. A test when this happens shows there is no power coming from that fuse connection. However, if I then leave it or restart the engine a number of time it starts to work again.

This is doing my head in, anyone have any advice or guidance please on how i may be able to correct this?

Thanks in advance
Simon

When there is no power at the piggy back fuse can you check if there is power at the fuse above it(Sc36 wipers)?

Mine is in the seventh position down (2016 Highline Kombi) and works OK.

I do have a surge problem when restarting from 'Stop/Start' but that's a camera or USB power module fault not a basic power supply problem, I'm going to try a ferrite core on that sometime to see if it cures the problem.

Hi,

I have just been out and double checked as i had done this modification a while back now.
It seems that I was wrong and have added this piggy back to a spare fuse SC35 which does get power most of the time.
The power to this fuse is still out however the windscreen wipers still function, as do the washers and intermediate wipers.

Am i better off piggybacking of SC36 rather than SC35 ?

got a pic?

is the piggyback installed the correct way around?

im assuming you are having a poor-connection issue . . .

Back