if I have a rail like the F45 can I use it to mount a tent type awning as well?

paulh123

Hi all, first post here. Just joining team black this week as we pick-up our stock standard 16 plate highline kombi and embark on a 2 year fit out process leading to a full camper. For this year I want to get it booked in straight away for a pop-top (going to go with skyline aurora unless anyone screams dont do it!!!) and get some use out of it. The problem i have is envisaging the awning that would be multi-versatile for us. I can see wee will have some days out, weekends away and probably a week in the summer. Just wife, me and the dog. I want a box/rail like the fiamma F45 or similar which i see fine for days but I think I'd need more for weekends or longer. So, to my question - if I have a rail like the F45 can I use it to mount a tent type awning as well?

The F45 wind out awning has a kador slot in the cassette so an awning can be attached to the F45. Its the same for the Thule and Dometic equivalents. Means that when you drive off and come back its easier to re-attach as you can wind the awning out slightly to give some additional movement when fitting

The F45 wind out awning has a kador slot in the cassette so an awning can be attached to the F45. Its the same for the Thule and Dometic equivalents. Means that when you drive off and come back its easier to re-attach as you can wind the awning out slightly to give some additional movement when fitting
Thanks. looked it up and exactly what i needed to know.

Back