Ideas for dog safety in van

Carndearg

T6 Pro
We have a Jack Russell and wonder if anyone has a clever solution regarding where she can be fastened on the occasions she can’t use the seat in my Kombi? I am not keen on a cage unless there is no alternative. Our van is a Kombi T32 and is being converted by Three Bridge soon.

We use the factory Floor mount next to the slide door in front of the RIB, and connected with a dog car harness.

He just sits or lays down on his bed while driving.

You can always get a mount or flush mount fitting put in while it's being converted.

Thank you Bryn, excuse my ignorance but what is a flush floor mount? I’ve never had much interest in cars and certainly not
vans until this project. I did notice d ring on floor but that will be taken out when new floor goes in, is this what I need or can I have a seat belt fastener fitted on the floor?

We have a Jack Russell and wonder if anyone has a clever solution regarding where she can be fastened on the occasions she can’t use the seat in my Kombi? I am not keen on a cage unless there is no alternative. Our van is a Kombi T32 and is being converted by Three Bridge soon.
Hi, Three Bridge should be able to fix a re moveable anchor point to the floor for a dog bed, especially if you are having a sliding seat: CAR BS3850 | eBay
Lyall will help with this.

Thanks, our van is swb so the bed isn’t on a rail. I will call Three Bridge tomorrow as forgot to mention the dog when we chose our options.

We've got a dog bed that clips to a seat belt and the dog clips to the bed

Thanks Olly, that sounds interesting although we cannot donthat if we take the grandchildren away. I think the answer will be clips fitted into the floor so we can clip her in. Would love to see the set up you use as sounds great

The problem with putting the dog on the seat with a seat belt holder is that, if you have to brake quickly, the dog can end up hanging of the bed.

We had that issue when he was in the car, lucky he was wearing a harness or a collar would have broken his neck.

The floor ended up safer

Back