I have an issue with my tailgate release

nosiesta

Hi. I have an issue with my tailgate release. It doesn’t work! However, bizarrely, if I hold my fingers on the release ‘panel’ for anything between about 30 seconds and 5 minutes (!!) it suddenly opens!

Can anyone please offer any advice on how I can diagnose the fault and maybe fix myself (with very minimal skills in such fields!!).

What do you mean by the release panel? Also how is the operation using the key fob button?

Hi. I mean the handle on the tailgate that you use to open it.
With the key fob there is no click from the tailgate when you lock or unlock the van.

Don’t know if you’ve seen information about Proximity sensors ....they will stop the tailgate opening if they sense something is too close...happened to me lots of times ..but you manually override using the handle and it can take a few seconds to react...
thats assuming you’ve got rear sensors

I don’t get a click from the tailgate when I unlock. It just ‘activates’ the touch button so that when you click the touch button, it opens.

Try pressing harder on the button under the handle?

Hi

Did you get this resolved?

I have the same problem with my tailgate release switch, I have to hold the switch for a few 30 secs to get the tailgate to open the first attempt, but then it works OK if I close and try and open again. Problem only seems to happen when the door has been locked.

Hi

Did you get this resolved?

I have the same problem with my tailgate release switch, I have to hold the switch for a few 30 secs to get the tailgate to open the first attempt, but then it works OK if I close and try and open again. Problem only seems to happen when the door has been locked.
Yes and no. I replace the 'handle' - i.e., the unit that has the panel that you pull against as part of it, it didn't work. I also replaced the motor. It was fine for a year, then did it again. This time I just replaced the panel unit and it's been fine for about 6 months. I wonder if water ingress/condensation is getting in the electronics.

Yes and no. I replace the 'handle' - i.e., the unit that has the panel that you pull against as part of it, it didn't work. I also replaced the motor. It was fine for a year, then did it again. This time I just replaced the panel unit and it's been fine for about 6 months. I wonder if water ingress/condensation is getting in the electronics.
Thanks for reply.

My fault is weird, when the van is locked overnight etc it's takes 1min plus to unlock but then once it's unlocked it will work perfectly fine opening and closing as many times as I want, but once I lock it again, it stops working. I did do some changes with the Carista app to the van settings and I'm wondering has that effected the coding?

Back