I felt brave today.. headlining reupholstered

Niknak

Mechanic
T6 Legend
Today I got round to something been meaning to do as few bits of tidying had to be done same time, I decided to recover my headlining and fit the leds I made, warning I don’t think I ever want to do another one if you want to know what it was like

99B90A38-8E6A-45EA-82B1-5F15CD2F1A37.jpeg

FE609313-BB20-45DA-ADDB-F72FF9CD4412.jpeg

D964547E-A0BF-43F6-B8A6-99A928E3832C.jpeg

2F948F3A-1ED6-4082-AC7F-57ED578EA0A8.jpeg

8A17A641-5CD5-4043-85CA-CC1026EB0FE9.jpeg

E50683D1-06E2-45EE-BE92-09D48C7E1308.jpeg

D77F9270-A875-4DC4-8188-A480D3FE5854.jpeg

nice job...

what do they look like at night?

Cheers. Not wired in yet if I’m allowed out to play tomorrow I’ll wire them in and take pictures

Getting the old foam off the headlining is time consuming and manky, and really fiddly fitting the actual carpet but so much better than my original lining

Today I got round to something been meaning to do as few bits of tidying had to be done same time, I decided to recover my headlining and fit the leds I made, warning I don’t think I ever want to do another one if you want to know what it was like

View attachment 96991

View attachment 96992

View attachment 96993

View attachment 96994

View attachment 96995

View attachment 96996

View attachment 96997
Nicely done @Niknak , not as easy as everyone thinks. So many things to break easily if you go to fast.

Last edited:
Cheers if it wasn’t so cold it may have been easier had to do it quick as was on the kitchen floor

All wired up and working will do some pictures later in the dark, assuming any one cares lol

Thank you , tbh I’d like to get into it for myself and give up the current day job especially had a couple weeks off over Christmas and really don’t want to go back Monday lol

• Love
Reactions: JOG
Thank you , tbh I’d like to get into it for myself and give up the current day job especially had a couple weeks off over Christmas and really don’t want to go back Monday lol
Are you stalking me? I literally just said to my wife that I wish I had taken next week off as well!!! I was met with some muttering about “well, find a way of paying the mortgage while sat on your ass chatting on that forum!”

Ohh how rude, funny I normally get the same from my misses seems it’s all I do lol, I’m on dangerous ground was lucky enough to clear my mortgage earlier this year so looking at options at the moment , got a very unhealthy meh approach to work now lol

Ohh how rude, funny I normally get the same from my misses seems it’s all I do lol, I’m on dangerous ground was lucky enough to clear my mortgage earlier this year so looking at options at the moment , got a very unhealthy meh approach to work now lol
Push through the “return to work” pain curve and then recognise that you are now bolstering your retirement/van fund!!!

Keep hoping the redundancy fairy might come I been there twenty years in March lol

Back