How to transport a mattress topper

sipep

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all.

Getting everything together for our first camping trip.

My has purchased a avatar mattress topper. But I wonder if anyone has a clever solution for transporting it...

Kind regards

I roll mine up with the duvet etc and then they sit on the back of the bed, on the lip bench facing rear door. Note I've put in retention bars so that the bedding and topper don't fall out when I open the rear tailgate. This also helps keep the bedding off the window which is vital to prevent the bedding from mopping up condensation and rotting. How I've got it there's an air space which keeps circulation and also means the curtains can slide open/closed without the bedding stopping them.
Here's a video I did a while back showing my bedding solution which includes a memory foam topper. Ignore the video title saying 6.1 it's a T6.0 (I got it wrong at the time) but the video should give you a clear idea of how it all goes together. NB I put the video together for the people who hire the van so it is a bit over-explaining as it's aimed at noobs :)

We use a bamboo mattress topper for the pop top bed and a Duvalay mattress topper for the RIB.
The Duvalay gets folded into three and then just sits on the rear shelf of the RIB.
The bamboo gets rolled tightly and is then secured with a couple of straps and sits on top of the Duvalay.
The rest of our pillows and duvets go in bags. We have a large rectangular one and several cylindrical ones depending upon what we are taking, but it all fits behind the RIB on the shelf.

Duvalay rolled up on the bed bit behind seats duvet on that then pillow topped off with the 2 EHU leads in bags to weigh it all down

We've also got a Duvalay that rolls up and goes the rear of the bed. We don't leave it in the van all the time and the first time that the bed is set on a trip, we make the bed (Duvalay, quilted cotton topper and fitted sheet) and just roll the whole lot up after that. It's actually just the right size to jam into the space without falling out when the tailgate is opened. When we're on the move, just the Duvalay is rolled and put on the back of the seat (with other stuff! like chairs and a beach umbrella), the topper goes back in it's nylon bag and the sheet in a cupboard (along with all the other bedding which in total seems to take up more space than anything else that we take with us on trips). Two bungees hold everything in place in the back. In general, we've found that packing the van for a long trip is an evolving art form!

Last edited:
Back