How To Stop Rock&roll Bed From Rattling When Traveling

We also have the problem of a rock & bed rattling when travelling. The van was converted by a company last year. They say the rattling is caused by the bed rails. Been back to them three times and still the problem persists. No noise if someone sits on the folded bed when travelling. Any ideas of how to solve the problem other than have a spare passenger!

We also have the problem of a rock & bed rattling when travelling. The van was converted by a company last year. They say the rattling is caused by the bed rails. Been back to them three times and still the problem persists. No noise if someone sits on the folded bed when travelling. Any ideas of how to solve the problem other than have a spare passenger!
Bag of cement in the back!

Joking aside, have a look at the clamps - sounds like they are fouling or just not grabbing properly. The notion of it being the rails is not good as you are so reliant on how the rails are performing for safety

Also have this as well, and just cannot see what is causing it.
not bad, but just enough to get on ones nerves at times

My mate used the stick on felt pads thats used on chair and table legs if you have laminate flooring to stop it from scratching,that stopped his rattling bed

My mate used the stick on felt pads thats used on chair and table legs if you have laminate flooring to stop it from scratching,that stopped his rattling bed

I use these too, my HiLo inner ceiling can bang over bad potholes etc so I fitted these felt pads to dampen the noise.

Good old search function has brought me to this thread.

I've now got a very annoying rattling rock n roll bed and its doing my head in. Will look into the rails and see if there's anything I can tighten/add pads to etc. Its driving me crazy :eek:

Still have this problem and its driving me crazy.

When in 'seat mode' it rattles like mad over the slightest of bumps, like a vibration sort of noise. HOWEVER when in 'bed mode' its silent and im stumped, I've spent days trying to stop it. Lining metal frames with self adhesive foam tape etc, still not fixed it

Still have this problem and its driving me crazy.

When in 'seat mode' it rattles like mad over the slightest of bumps, like a vibration sort of noise. HOWEVER when in 'bed mode' its silent and im stumped, I've spent days trying to stop it. Lining metal frames with self adhesive foam tape etc, still not fixed it
Excessive slack between pivot bolts and holes?

An old thread but in case anyone is still searching ... on mine it seems to be the top of the gas strut. I'm currently trying some pipe lagging around the top of it so that it doesn't stop it operating properly but stops the annoying rattle!

I had the same with my rock and roll bed and made 2 wooden wedges from an old brush handle and jammed them in between the box section going across the top by the 2 hinges. Solved the problem for me and they are easy to remove when putting the bed down.

Mine also rattles when in the seat position, silent when sat on or down as a bed. I used lots of sticky felt which helped but never fully got rid of the rattle. I finally got to ride in the back and found it was one of the locking bolts rattling. Pulling it tight with a Velcro strap around the bolt handle and frame gets rid of the noise so thankfully the cause has been found. I just need to sort a permanent solution when I get a chance.

Back