How To Photos/Videos

Pauly

VCDS User
Admin
So i have been doing a bit of work of my van lately and started to photo/video bits and pieces as i go with the intention of creating some how to guides, so far i have got front bumper/grille removal, headlights/lamp change, various dash parts removal etc.
What things would you like to see/know how to do ?
Not much will happen in a hurry, will be working on it over the next couple months but wondering what would be the most useful for everyone ?

I have been trying to replace fuses in the Transporter and it is almost impossible to do with just the cover off. You cannot access the lower fuses. Looks like half the dash has to be pulled but I don't know where to start. A fuse access 'how to' would be good.

I haven't got around to fitting a rear camera yet . I think I will be ok at the rear but any info on getting to the head unit and wiring to it would be great.

Door cards and inner alloy plate, with window motor, would be really helpful mate as alot of member would benefit from deadening the door skins.
Great effort so far matey.

Pauly I haven't even got a kit yet. I don't want to play about with the van at the moment as I am still getting trouble with the rain sensing wipers . It went in over Christmas but didn't play up when they had it .

I would definitely create a YouTube channel for T6Forum if I were you. It's another way for users to discover the forum and great for SEO as Google owns YouTube.

Could you use the 'Media' section for videos? Not sure if it's just photos? Or just create a new thread/category for videos?

Great videos BTW!

The forum has a channel, those videos are on it, just unlisted ATM as wasnt sure best way forward, social media & youtube are quite new to me

You have to remove front bumper and grille to take the headlight out
You dont want to take the headlight out i just did that so i could clearly show in the video the release mechanism for the headlight bulb so people can visualise what they are trying to do blind !

Not a criticism @Pauly, just thought people should be aware of the equipment needed when changing bulbs. Mainly a swear box and plasters! My old Vito was a doddle, but there again I was changing them every few weeks!

Just changed all the lamps in he front end(apart from indicators), what a headache! Looks so much better now though and only took half hour with no blood or scratches which is a bonus
I took the air box off on the drivers side to make it easier

I changed my headlight bulbs to the Phillips H4 nightbraker ...yes it's a pain but what I found helped was shoving my iPhone once the plastic covers were off into the area with the clips helped me then visualise what needed to be done before doing it blind . Never thought to video it ...

Back