How To Find Out If Van Has Been Lowered

GLC1980

Hi, I’m curious to wether my van has been lowered, I have been in touch with Wessex vans who carried out some work on it before I owned it but they don’t keep records, is there a standard height from the wheel arches to the ground? It is a T6 kombi edition t30 so assume it will be on the standard t30 springs, it looks low at the front end but that could just be because of the splitter.
Thanks in advance

I’ve took a measurement and my best guess is that it should be about 460mm from centre of wheel to middle of wheel arch, it’s 420mm so must have been lowered by 40mm

It looks fairly even all the way around your wheels which would suggest some lowering if the van is not loaded? 40mm is a fairly common lowering amount too.

It doesn't look like a 40mm drop but it does look lower than stock.

I am also curious about if my van is running Sportline springs, I have just bought a 2016 SWB T6 T32. Measuring from the centre of the 20" wheels wrapped in 275/40 tyres to the arch my front reads 410mm and the rear reads 430mm. When I look under the front arches I just see black springs.

Probably the VW springs ( sportline ) as the front is 50mm and the rear 30 mm this is the problem when you have a one spring fits all scenario , they dont sit well in all the different vans .

If you have an Auto box or 4 wd that might account for the excessive drop in front , 50 mm down the standard shocks will struggle to operate anything close to normal so the ride might not be as good as it should be

Lower rear is a much easier fix that lower front . Careful selection of replacement springs will sort it out and a set of quality shocks will transform the ride and handling !!

To be honest the ride and handling feels pretty decent, not much lean/roll in the corners and solid under braking. Just want it levelled out and lower.

Ok understood , Please bear in mind that when you go lower the ride will get worse if you only use springs and to be honest there arent really many springs that will go lower anyway

Do you find a piece of rubber between your teeth improves the ride quality?

Back