How to apply front grill accent colours?

banksey88

Hi,

I've recently bought my first T6 which is currently waiting to be converted.

I've seen quite a few vans with the accent colours on a single bar on the grill. What is the best way of achieving this? I quite fancy a light blue stripe on either the bottom grill or top grill.

Thanks.

Either get it wrapped or painted. We always paint ours, but we tend to gloss black the grilles too, as this comes out really well.
HTH

I’ve just spent £7 on a small roll of matt black vinyl wrap (loads of other colours available). I’m gonna have a go at it myself. I have enough film for four attempts. So fingers crossed. If not, I’ll got a pro to do it

Hi,

I've recently bought my first T6 which is currently waiting to be converted.

I've seen quite a few vans with the accent colours on a single bar on the grill. What is the best way of achieving this? I quite fancy a light blue stripe on either the bottom grill or top grill.

Thanks.
Hi.. You could try Vanstyle some nice bits..( if it’s not DIY job ) :thumbsup:

Either get it wrapped or painted. We always paint ours, but we tend to gloss black the grilles too, as this comes out really well.
HTH
Great, can I just paint a standard original grill or do I have to buy a different grill that’s paintable? What sort of paints do you use?

I’ve just spent £7 on a small roll of matt black vinyl wrap (loads of other colours available). I’m gonna have a go at it myself. I have enough film for four attempts. So fingers crossed. If not, I’ll got a pro to do it
Thanks for that. Do you have a link to the vinyl wraps at all?

Yes was looking at those last night and they look decent. Was just wondering if it was an easy diy job or if I need to go down the using someone like Vanstyle route.
Hi ...I’ve replaced my lower grill black strip with chrome ...really easy to get off and clip the new one in place..but as an idea the colour you want could be costly to wrap...you could buy a coloured set from Vanstyle ( or other ) quick rub down then use a rattle can ( your own colour choice) clip new set on .. Individual cool looking van :)

Hi ...I’ve replaced my lower grill black strip with chrome ...really easy to get off and clip the new one in place..but as an idea the colour you want could be costly to wrap...you could buy a coloured set from Vanstyle ( or other ) quick rub down then use a rattle can ( your own colour choice) clip new set on .. Individual cool looking van :)
Great, I might look into doing that then. Think painting could be a good option to get the uniqueness. Can you recommend any decent paints that would achieve this if you’ve use anything in the past?

Great, I might look into doing that then. Think painting could be a good option to get the uniqueness. Can you recommend any decent paints that would achieve this if you’ve use anything in the past?
Not recently...but if you try any automotive paint suppliers ( like Brown brothers ) you can have rattle cans made up..and they offer good advice on paint types...my last paint job was my caliper ( from Frost.co.uk in Warrington )

Back