How low?

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
right then, as most of you know, my work car park battle and me selling the husbands car and he is using my polo has meant me driving the T6 every day to work again. At the min they are letting me park on the old car park I used to park on before we got moved to the dreaded multi storey, but this is only allowed until the 03rd August!
As I have sold the Touran, I now have the cash to get the van lowered. This really was something I didn't want to do as having had lowered transporters before, I really liked the idea of standing out from the crowd in a stock hieght T6.
Well I have had to give in and accept that daily use for me means lowering!
So Oli at Bognor motors is desperately trying to get me the B14s as quick as he can (they are on back order currently) and we may just make the deadline of me being turfed out and back into the multi storey.
So how low? Hieght restriction on multi storey is 1.97 metres. My T6 is 1.99 metres! I am keeping my Devonports and my all weather tyres, so how low do you reckon I should go ?

40mm would leave you with 20mm clearance in theory. If you already haven't done something like this I'd be very tempted to get 3 bits of wood and stick together like a goalpost and with you and a typical load measure exactly how high your van is in all places and make a decision based on that

As its that critical, why don't you survey the height yourself as they often go over cautious with the limit. In the case of a long van it might be the angle you create as you use the ramps that is the problem.

Thanks folks! I can't deny though that this is an excuse to make the van look very cool! I am going to see how low cool looks I think lol!

Mine is on Devonports with B14s and measures 1.98m high now, which is fine for me. The 2m car park I use has a bit of wiggle room as mentioned above as there looks to be about 5cm clearance when I stand on the sills to have a look

When I lowered my mini I worked it out by how many fingers I could get between the tyre and arch, ended up at two. In theory dropping it by 30mm it should give you 10mm clearance so you might be worth going for a 40mm drop

Just read your post again, 1.97 is damn tight! As I said, mine is down to 1.98m (from 2.02 with poptop) so I reckon that everyone's right, you're going to have to get them wound all the way down to stand any chance of getting under a 1.97m barrier. Also, take into account any approach/exit angles if the multi storey entrance isn't level

Back