How Can I Make My T6 Kombi A Bit Quieter?

Murdoch

Electrician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
did a 350 mile run today and realised how noisy the T6 can be on such a run , making conversations trickier - most of my work is local so hadn’t really noticed this before.

What’s the best way to make it quieter?

Thanks

loads of options for you.. . . . Basically you need to remove the panels and carpets one at a time and sound deaden the lot.

just search for T6 sound deaden on this forum and amazon etc for materials.

here are some links below >>>>>>>>>>>

Dynamat type sound deadening on the inside of all the panels. - general sound deadening

sound deadening

under body engine lower tray/panel - lowers engine and drive train noise.

Plastic Engine Cover (Lower) T5 2003–2015, T6 2015 on - J39862

upper engine cover - lowers engine and drive train noise.

Genuine Volkswagen Transporter T6 Engine Bay Cover & Fixing Kit

Take the engine out and wheels off.
Or sound deaden it as above.
I have just gotten used to it. Its just a van thing.

I used silent coat and dodo insulation I've also got 68db Goodyear tyres on so it makes a huge difference....less road noise and no more panel rattle

A bulk head makes a huge difference, plus carpet lining, sound deadening every panel you can get at, plus insulation, plus more insulation, plus more insulation. The original Goodyears that came with mine were beyond awful, but the new Kumhos I've had fitted have made a difference.

A bulk head makes a huge difference, plus carpet lining, sound deadening every panel you can get at, plus insulation, plus more insulation, plus more insulation. The original Goodyears that came with mine were beyond awful, but the new Kumhos I've had fitted have made a difference.

I've got the bulkhead to

Bulkhead is not an option, day to day I need the length behind the front seat

As said above sound deadening. Silentcoat etc. And insultion plus carpet. Sides and floor!

What Tyres do you currently have?

Back