Horror Scratch

It looks like they wetsanded the white marks off and then polished leaving the gouge still there. No paint at all. Just polish.
That's a £30-40job. Take it back and ask them to do they job you paid for.

It looks like they wetsanded the white marks off and then polished leaving the gouge still there. No paint at all. Just polish.
That's a £30-40job. Take it back and ask them to do they job you paid for.
Thanks for the advise on that. The paint is very dull in the places they have repaired and all have rubbing down marks. I'm pleased I kept the original photo so it's clear what they have not done!

For completeness, I did write to the Chipsaway franchise and they reviewed it first hand today. Initially he agreed to polish out the rough marks (there and then) but claimed the gouge had happened after they had done the repair. I explained it was in exactly the same spot and has been there since they did the repair, however he is adamant that they would not have released the vehicle in that condition and that something had 'pushed it in' after their repair and that I had no way of knowing that wasn't the case!. I explained that the chances of it getting 'pushed in' at exactly the same place was extremely unlikely and wanted him to review the before and after photographs. On that note, for customer satisfaction he will sort it out as it is a 'very easy repair', however is not accepting any responsibility for its current condition as it wouldn't have left them in that condition. It's now booked in for rectification in a month.

Back