Hook Up inlet, these look very neat but has anyone used one ?

Looks neat. But if your system/cable is different to everyone else’s when it fails you might have an issue? Just a thought.
Also I was very keen to avoid cutting a hole in the van so went for the under bonnet EHU socket. As it’s hidden it doesn’t matter if it’s a cheap blue one.

I’ve been looking at a variety of these connectors, for under bonnet. You can buy from a UK vendor and pay the VWCampertax, or get them direct on Ali Express very cheaply. In the end though I think I’m going to go with a big blue one, same reasoning as @Farnorthsurfer

Just another...

Post in thread 'Battery Charging - Main Battery Earth Point -'

I would be concerned about the lack of enclosure behind where the cables might be exposed.

Defa connector @mmi mentioned above has UK plug style kit available. It comes with armoured cable that is safe to route through engine bay or be exposed to elements. Also it has earth wire to vehicle body ready made. The other end of the cable is a miniplug and armoured extension leads of various lengths are available.

And no, I’m not advertising these, just know Defa is good quality stuff having had engine preheating through them on many cars :p

Reactions: mmi
I chose to have a compact hookup on my van when the leisure electrics were installed. I didn’t want a bulky and ugly connection point, nor did I want to have to run it out of the engine bay.

3E5FE12D-0990-4EBF-882A-F9FAB193B46E.jpeg

11D47194-1A34-4766-B70E-547E311EFC45.jpeg

D822576C-7A4A-45D0-9A7B-81E19AF44CE5.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
We don’t have electric hook up and don’t want one but if I was to fit one there is an air vent under the gas bottle so the hole is already there. just feed it through the air vent and job done?

I like the look of these & have considered them in the past. My thinking is that if something goes wrong or the unit gets nicked or damaged whilst I’m on tour ( currently just south of Lisbon) I’m screwed. If I stick to commonly available parts, I stand a chance of getting meself out of the merde.

Back