Hire T6 Cali awning

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
A parent turned up with a hire California on Monday - nice spec (204 4motion, 17 plate) but with a Fiamma awning rather than the factory one. It looked rather swish - any advantage in these? It was black and shiny. That is all that mattered.

Did you notice if they were able to open the driver's door with the awning out without having to lift up the awning arm?

Did you notice if they were able to open the driver's door with the awning out without having to lift up the awning arm?
Nope I only had a quick look around. TBH I automatically set ours higher than the door anyway (and drop the back so it drains if it's raining).

It was Blackberry so one of the last I suspect. Very similar spec to ours. The hire company is in Okehampton and sounded pretty good if anyone nearby fancies trying one out.

We checked a black one out when we picked up my new ride yesterday.....

Now booked in for fitting :D:D

They look very swish. Compact, and slimline, easy to use and very quickly deployed/ stowed. I reckon that Cambridge Campervans were pretty competitive on their pricing - something like £550 fitted (and that includes bonding as well as bolting on)

I was thinking of having two, one on each side as it might help us escape over traffic congestion ;) ;) :p

We checked a black one out when we picked up my new ride yesterday.....

Now booked in for fitting :D:D

They look very swish. Compact, and slimline, easy to use and very quickly deployed/ stowed. I reckon that Cambridge Campervans were pretty competitive on their pricing - something like £550 fitted (and that includes bonding as well as bolting on)

I was thinking of having two, one on each side as it might help us escape over traffic congestion ;) ;) :p
It would look like a slightly non airworthy plane!

If it's like our Fiamma F45s then no, you would have to raise the legs to a position whereby any rain would drain towards the van rather than away. Not an issue for us as with the external screens on we can't/don't open the front doors once pitched.

Back