Hilo Roof With Fiamma/thule/dometic Type Awning

Davenjo

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone fitted a roll out awning with a HiLo roof?

Is it possible to fit one in such a way as the awning case sits below the height of the roof?

I've done a quick forum search but all I can find is this old thread Fiammia f45s canopy what rail will I need with a Hilo roof which deals with how to fit one but this would seemingly sit the case above roof height?

@Fish is the man but I don't see how you could fit one below the height of the roof as this would stop the sliding door opening.

@Fish is the man but I don't see how you could fit one below the height of the roof as this would stop the sliding door opening.
Thanks - my thoughts exactly - issue with fitting above the roof line is that it defeats one of the objects of going for such a low profile roof.

For info; asking for a friend who has recently taken delivery of a conversion with an awning and not too happy with the placement.

That was exactly my quandary. That’s why I went down the railsail route

Mine can be used with the HiLo.
But my brackets are, like Fiamma, but bespoke in fitment and placement to ensure it is as low as possible with sliding door etc.
The HiLo sits over the fixing points so not to impede its seal.

View attachment 29461 Not a Hilo and not exactly below, but not too far off.

This is a pic of my Fiamma, it may help you a little bit with your query

Have you got a photo of your fixing brkts with the roof in the down position please? My set up is very similar to yours and I'm looking to fit the same awning and was wondering where the pop top sits in relation to the brkts. For example does the pop top sit over the fixing brkts?

I'm a new member and also intend to fit a Fiamma awning alongside my Hi-Lo roof. Did you manage to sort yours? I've done a bit of research and can only come up with cutting the bracket short and rivenutting it to the body (not ideal), cutting the roof round the supplied bracket (also not ideal) or modifying the bracket (see sketch). Any comments on how you did it would be appreciated. Thanks

Screenshot_20190703-233335_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back