Hilo Roof Gel Colour

Bigdazd

Am looking at having a hilo sport fitted and the installer has informed me that the standard gel coat white is a very near match to my colour which is candy white. I have yet to speak to him, which I will tomorrow as I need to know what 'very near match' actually means. He has quoted £465 to have it sprayed candy white, although I believe this to be a little excessive.

So has anyone had a hilo sport in standard white fitted to their candy white vans?

If you have what is the colour difference? Have you any pics? Can you actually tell the difference?

Other than that he has said a standard black gel coat is only £165 extra.

So unsure as to what to do, go white and hope for the best or black?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I’m having a Hilo Surf fitted.

Gel coat should be £120 including vat, not £165.

Cheers

Steven

@DaveyB has his Candy white match. Check out his posts. This has recently been discussed on another thread too quick search.

Hi Fish, did try the search before I posted and couldn't see anything?
I'll have another look today.
Many thanks.

Hi Bigdazd

My van is indium grey and im going for a black gel coat, it should look good, with my black rear tailgate spoiler and black mirror caps, when i fit them .

Also went for the standard black scenic fabric, easier to keep clean with 2 kids, also wont show any mildew.

Cheers

Steven

If your van is white, a black roof with matching colour coded addons will look cool in my opinion.

Hi Bigdazd

My van is indium grey and im going for a black gel coat, it should look good, with my black rear tailgate spoiler and black mirror caps, when i fit them .

Also went for the standard black scenic fabric, easier to keep clean with 2 kids, also wont show any mildew.

Cheers

Steven

Hi Pal, how does your van look with the black roof and spoiler? I'm thinking of doing the same. Have you got any pics?

Cheers

Back