Highs and Lows

RichieC

Hi all,I'm new to this forum lark so you'll have to bare with me till I get the hang of it
Took delivery of my T6 180 DSG 4Motion LWB high line in brand new in January and I have to say it's a beautiful Van to drive and a cracker to look at especially with the LED head lamps(a €1200 option,Ouch)
But and there's always a but,I replaced my transit custom 155hp with it and so far to be honest the transit was overall a better van.
For example,the rear double doors on the VW have no latching device to hold the doors open. The transit did. So if it's even slightly windy you are petrified that the doors will close and guaranteed the wrong door will close first and dent the other one.
Ford offered a factory fit reversing camera that was absolutely brilliant for hitching up to a trailer. As I do a fair bit of towing it was a no brainer to spec it on the VW. But alas VW don't do a reversing camera for the rear double door only for the tailgate so I had to go aftermarket. There are many other differences between the vans mainly in the fords favour TBH.
Also I've had to return my T6 back to the dealers to be tracked as the tracking was out from day one and the van pulled to the left. It's since been tracked twice and it turns out that the tracking was perfect on both theses times but she still pulls to the left and after only 16500kms the front passenger tire is practically bald on the outside.Vw say it's within the manufacturing tolerances so as far as they are concerned it's tip top but it clearly isn't. Also in the last few weeks I've notice a grinding/rubbing noise coming from the front brakes. I thought the pads where f@cked but on inspection they have lots of wear still on them. VW have no idea what's wrong with it on either problem. So there's going to be a big row between me and them next week.
When u left the tranny in for any sort of work even if it wasn't the dealer u bought it from here in Ireland ford gave u a loan van. VW give u SFA.
Getting pissed right off to be honest. Very disheartened

Not sure how different it is compared to England, but if you get all your grievances together in a letter to HQ in Dublin, then you should be able to get some positive response from them... The dealer might fob you off so go above them!

I should've said that dealer is bringing VW to see the van. To be fair the dealer are doing all they can and have they agree with me and have said to me and to VW "that van is not right" and " getting VW to admit there's a problem is always a struggle". In fairness there reputation for this isn't great.

tracking was out from day one and the van pulled to the left. It's since been tracked twice and it turns out that the tracking was perfect on both theses times but she still pulls to the left
snap mine dose this just thought it was the camber on the road making it pull to the left.

For example,the rear double doors on the VW have no latching device to hold the doors open. The transit did. So if it's even slightly windy you are petrified that the doors will close and guaranteed the wrong door will close first and dent the other one.

Is there not a tether/latch halfway up the door? I've no experience of the barn doors on a transporter, but my current Caddy has the catches at the bottom, it would be an oversight on VW's side if they don't fit such a thing to it's mid range van!

Theres nothing of any use. The door stays have a bit of a cam or notch in them for want of a better word. So when the door is open it slightly holds the doors ajar. But they ain't worth a F@ck in any sort of a breeze.

I am sorry to you are not happy with yours but I sold my custom sport after 2 1/2 years as I found it was rubbish. It had a lot more design faults and ford didn't even correct them on the new 16 model . Mine was in the dealers more times than my 4 Renault trafics I had before put together. I have only done 2000 miles in mine but wouldn't swop back and I think ford are having big problems with the front doors on the custom hitting the wing in windy weather.
I think it is the luck of the draw with all these things so I hope you get it sorted out .

Tbh I had some grief with my Custom also. You are right about the door issue.
The VW is a much nicer van in a lot of ways,these problems I'm having with the T6 are a fly in the ointment. I've no doubt they'll be sorted (they f@cking better be)

Please note,I had Land Rovers of all types for years so believe me I know REAL grief,despair and utter heartache.

Tbh I had some grief with my Custom also. You are right about the door issue.
The VW is a much nicer van in a lot of ways,these problems I'm having with the T6 are a fly in the ointment. I've no doubt they'll be sorted (they f@cking better be)

Please note,I had Land Rovers of all types for years so believe me I know REAL grief,despair and utter heartache.

Ha ha - me too!!

My work crafter is nearly through its 3rd nsf tyre. 33k miles. Has been into vw but still the same. The off side is still on its first one...

Unfortunately it sounds like your van is a 1/750 that hav a fault. Sorry to hear that but mine is perfect. Hope you get things sorted.

I have SWB Highline and my tracking was out from day one. As was my Touareg three years ago and my TT six years ago. TT required the chassis realigning!!! Same group, same problems.

My 17 model T6 4motion lwb pulls to the left as well. 2000kms on the tyres and my NSF is starting to wear and scallop on the outside. Extremely disappointing.

Hi all,I'm new to this forum lark so you'll have to bare with me till I get the hang of it
Took delivery of my T6 180 DSG 4Motion LWB high line in brand new in January and I have to say it's a beautiful Van to drive and a cracker to look at especially with the LED head lamps(a €1200 option,Ouch)
But and there's always a but,I replaced my transit custom 155hp with it and so far to be honest the transit was overall a better van.
Ford offered a factory fit reversing camera that was absolutely brilliant for hitching up to a trailer. As I do a fair bit of towing it was a no brainer to spec it on the VW. But alas VW don't do a reversing camera for the rear double door only for the tailgate so I had to go aftermarket. There are many other differences between the vans mainly in the fords favour TBH.
Also I've had to return my T6 back to the dealers to be tracked as the tracking was out from day one and the van pulled to the left. It's since been tracked twice and it turns out that the tracking was perfect on both theses times but she still pulls to the left and after only 16500kms the front passenger tire is practically bald on the outside.Vw say it's within the manufacturing tolerances so as far as they are concerned it's tip top but it clearly isn't. Also in the last few weeks I've notice a grinding/rubbing noise coming from the front brakes. I thought the pads where f@cked but on inspection they have lots of wear still on them. VW have no idea what's wrong with it on either problem. So there's going to be a big row between me and them next week.
When u left the tranny in for any sort of work even if it wasn't the dealer u bought it from here in Ireland ford gave u a loan van. VW give u SFA.
Getting pissed right off to be honest. Very disheartened
Sorry to read about your problems, new to T6 myself picked mine up November 17. Build quality fantastic, fit and finish too but had a engine warning light after 300 miles. VW dealer fixed saying adblue issue but worry that I should have bought tsi instead

Back