Highline overhead cubby-hole tray - 3D printed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shipping today I hope, for those that have paid. Sorry for delay, trying to do a year of work in one qtr! I have boxes, packing and about to do the shipping labels...

Quick update...

5 packages will ship today, they're sat by the front door wrapped and labelled.

**Alan Walsh Black Post 91

**ROMANY TAMPIN (Magic) Black and Grey Post 95

**MOPARDAVE Grey Post 97

**Irvine 101 Grey Post 99

**Markymark Grey Post 105

Have sent three more DM's requesting payment

Noddy 996 Grey Post 107

Northside Grey Post 112

nbqqit Grey Post 123

Lord Mfwic and Zipcode, we need to talk about a possible faceplate design for the Webasto heater control.

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Yeah, we need to talk lol.
I’ll measure it up tomorrow and send you the size of the controller, it’s not big though.

I've hit a slight snag with my Webasto as my leisure battery is under the drivers seat which is where the heater outlet needs to go.
I'm calling into Bodens this week to see if they have any suggestions.

I've hit a slight snag with my Webasto as my leisure battery is under the drivers seat which is where the heater outlet needs to go.
Can you not put it elsewhere? What is the kit you have got to fit?

Thought about routing it up into the B pillar?

Mine is the same, so I went with the factory Kombi style outlets in the b-pillars!

No good under the passenger seat? I’ve seen one outlet mounted on the floor behind the driver seat before the furniture.

@Jono that’s an excellent storage solution, I’m very interested, however, I have a Prusa 3D printer sitting idle and would like a go at printing one for myself. If you don’t mind could send me stl code, as I don’t cad but do have slicer.
Secondly what materials are you using to printing them?

cheers Kramsdog

Can you not put it elsewhere? What is the kit you have got to fit?

Thought about routing it up into the B pillar?
Mine is the same, so I went with the factory Kombi style outlets in the b-pillars!

I can go through the B pillar but I'm not sure about cutting into it underneath. I assume its part of the main sub frame plus being quote £1,800 plus VAT to do it that way.

No good under the passenger seat? I’ve seen one outlet mounted on the floor behind the driver seat before the furniture.

The ducting won't route across as the exhaust is in the way. I can't have it encroaching onto the floor space as I use mine as a van on occasions to carry 8x4 sheets.

Going to cost up moving the leisure battery to under passenger seat and then decide between that or b pillar.
Need to do something as its bloody cold at 4am when I'm leaving for site.

Thanks for the advice and apologise for going off topic.

I can go through the B pillar but I'm not sure about cutting into it underneath. I assume its part of the main sub frame plus being quote £1,800 plus VAT to do it that way.
That’s a ridiculous price even if it includes the heater, all parts and fitting.

You don’t have to cut into anything underneath. Just the actual hole in the B pillar.
pits not as difficult as you imagine. Why not come to the NW meet on weds and Can have a chat about it. Or can meet if you are in the Manchester area another day.

The ducting won't route across as the exhaust is in the way. I can't have it encroaching onto the floor space as I use mine as a van on occasions to carry 8x4 sheets.

Going to cost up moving the leisure battery to under passenger seat and then decide between that or b pillar.
Need to do something as its bloody cold at 4am when I'm leaving for site.

Thanks for the advice and apologise for going off topic.
What about an underslung battery?

Hoorah! Finally, two good black trays on the left. (Four bad in the process stacked on the right). I had to try some new techniques to get them to warp less and not have so many lines. I used a brim and a 0.2mm layer height almost doubling the print time but hey ho, I think we're dialled in now. The reel of grey filament has arrived so i'll start those on Wednesday when i'm back from a 2 day work trip away. I'll DM the first two who ordered black for payment and details etc. Can't promise they'll ship till later in the week, possibly the weekend worst case depending on how work goes.

View attachment 55246
Love it, this is the sort of thing that’s great about this forum :thumbsup:
No good to me sadly as my cubby is the old shape, but Santa has also brought me an Ender 3 for Xmas (not allowed to touch it til then, even though it’s in my loft :laugh:) and am really looking forward to having a play. I’m a total noob and am just trying to get to grips with Fusion 360 at the moment in preparation but it’s great to see real world T6 solutions in action.

@Jono that’s an excellent storage solution, I’m very interested, however, I have a Prusa 3D printer sitting idle and would like a go at printing one for myself. If you don’t mind could send me stl code, as I don’t cad but do have slicer.
Secondly what materials are you using to printing them?

cheers Kramsdog

I'm slightly reluctant to send the STL but I will do so on the proviso that you only print for yourself please? This is in keeping with the spirit of the forum and helping one another out.

I'm slightly reluctant to send the STL but I will do so on the proviso that you only print for yourself please? This is in keeping with the spirit of the forum and helping one another out.

That’s no problem :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.