High top conversion instead of pop-top?

No, not bothered about aesthetics. Was informed our van isn’t being delivered at end of March as estimated, but August now. Live chat at VW told us that our order had a required by date as 11th July. No idea where that date came from, as our dealer told us End of March into April when we ordered it. Oh well, at least we have already got a camper, and will just have to stick with pop top until new one arrives and we can get stuck in to converting it :) This is a lay out we’ve been thinking about. Just playing around on software.

F4C1B8B5-1CE4-4004-BD64-3319C712EB34.jpeg

E379A612-300C-476D-98E5-84468FB21C37.jpeg

4D014B42-5ECE-4340-BE90-2E8D0CA65417.jpeg

D3E319CD-A0E3-445E-89FF-2A4E96D827C0.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Yes, you’re right! I’m constantly sorting stuff and getting rid if we haven’t used. We love finding off beaten track small, quiet campsites, with just basics like a loo and shower, but set in stunning scenery. Luckily we have quite a few on our doorstep in Snowdonia. Most of our campouts are within half an hours drive of our home. We often just turn up to our favourite to stop over for the night, or two. We’ve done a roadtrip to Scotland, and Ireland. Loved both, and plan to do them both again, as barely touched it. We try to avoid the tourist routes if we can, and love getting lost and discovering stunning scenery, peace and solitude In our next van, will have a different layout. We don’t want to spend time setting up, and packing away.we did use to wild camp, but it’s become frowned upon over past couple of years. Spots exposed on social media and disrespected. It’s a shame as we loved it. Now we seek out the off beaten track hidden gem campsites, and have not been disappointed. If we drive in to a site, and it’s packed, busy and regimentally laid out, we turn around and drive off. We get away to escape from hustle and bustle, and just have sound of nature to wake up to, and a stunning sunrise. We do a lot of walks, and most of my walk books start in remote spots, and the hidden gem sites we love :)
Ann - would you be willing to share details of any of the quiet, basic campsites in Snowdonia? Sounds perfect for us if they are dog friendly too. Happy to be DM-ed if you don't want to risk your favourite spots being overrun!!

Here's mine, LWB - I can't stand pop tops. I park and I am ready with no faffing about. I never use car parks so height is no issue ( I would rather have no dents in my panels :) ).

View attachment 105392

Love your hi top campervan. Was it retrofitted? I have a self converted T6 campervan with no pop-top. Would you recommend getting a hi top retro-fitted? And if so, do you know anybody who would do it? Cheers Jim

I had mine built with the high top at the same time as the conversion. Mine was done by Autohaus in Somerset - a bit of a distance for you!

Untitled 1.jpg

z3.jpgzz.jpg
20181130_160151_resized (Copy).jpg

Priced a hi-top retrofit with Jerba Campervans see below

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 20.27.24.png
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 20.30.02.png

At £8745 ..... Think I won't bother

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 20.27.36.png

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Back