Hi To All And A Few Questions

Dave54

Hello World
Just taken delivery two weeks ago of my new boy " Dudley" - DU reg made us think of that plus collected from Bilston in the Black Country >
T6 Highline Kombi SWB 150 T32 , DSG - Comfort dash, Good wolfbrace alloys , normal Highline bells and whistles. I've had a 66 - 6volt Beetle and a few early 70's beetles in my time plus a T28 camper years ago. This is my "Only working part time now - going to do some travel around UK and Europe toy " , hence I went new for the 100k warranty . Skint now !!
On one hand I want to rush and convert, on the other I want to talk , go to meets , and see what folks have done . Looking at a day van rather than full camper, full sized bed, minimal cabinets, insulated / carpeted/ blinds , leisure Batt/ Hook up, possibly a pull out cooker for under tail gate and a cool box . Looking at drive away awnings for when kids come rather than pop up roof , that might change
Questions
Any clubs in East Mids ? I live in between, Leic/Notts/ Derby ?
Or Lincs as I have a beach place ( static ) at Sutton on Sea ?
Any suggestions for standalone portable cooking or slide out from rear cooking units ?
I have a hundred other questions but I will hold for now

Hi @Dave54 and welcome :thumbsup:
Maybe not exactly as you've asked for, but we had a similar set of wants and ended up with this conversion and a cadac for cooking bacon etc outside:

4TableandSeat M.jpg 5Bed M.jpg

Chopman ,thanks, nice bed the kind of thing we want ,and limited and not to intrusive cabinets , can I ask did you do this ? or was it done for you by a conversion company ?
Dave

We had it done by a conversion company - Uberbus in Poole.
Standard roof - no pop top. Lined, insulated, electrics with leisure battery. There's a bit of storage under the low bench cushion behind the kitchen.
We wanted to keep the inside space as usable as possible so it's got underslung LPG tank and fresh water tank.

CD3C4A95-9027-4389-9788-180E1DE731EC.jpeg My day van with full width bed....wife and I slept in it for the first time at the weekend...very comfy. Used disposable bbq for evening fud and following breakfast. Plug in fridge. Have drawings for a pod to sit in the rails to sit behind either front seat, or in the back, or to be removed into the awning.

Looks great sorry for delay , In the end I've gone three quarter bed as the company ( very well priced and family Biz and looks to be good workmanship was ( my only slight complaint) was a bit fixed in design as in one design only, but price was spot on ( camper_versions) so we are going down their route, their work was recommended to me by a few peeps. Im not having pop up as we are on a budget , but they will add pop top next year if I decide and only charge me 250.00 extra for redoing the lining/ roof edges , will send a picture when done.
Dave

View attachment 22064 My day van with full width bed....wife and I slept in it for the first time at the weekend...very comfy. Used disposable bbq for evening fud and following breakfast. Plug in fridge. Have drawings for a pod to sit in the rails to sit behind either front seat, or in the back, or to be removed into the awning.
P.S getting it back on 11th June going to Costa Brava on 14th for two weeks on our first road trip
Dave

Back