Keys locked in van

I had a mondeo when they first introduced keyless entry which unlocked the boot only if you came at it from the rear (oh err) and managed to lock my keys in twice before I learnt my lesson! The AA turned up all cocky saying about how easy it was to get into fords. An hour later he gave up and said he could smash the window or I could call the wife to bring the key!

But it’s not an option on the T6, so how did you manage it? Sounds like another lesson I may learn the hard way! Also did you get it sorted in the end and if so how did you get into it?

It’s so much better on forums if people come back to confirm how it ended, especially with mechanical issues so that others researching an issue can be better informed. Unfortunately some people never come back with the final update.

It’s so much better on forums if people come back to confirm how it ended, especially with mechanical issues so that others researching an issue can be better informed. Unfortunately some people never come back with the final update.
Not sure this the best place to post how to get into a T6 without a key!?

Not sure this the best place to post how to get into a T6 without a key!?
I totally agree with that. @Dellmassive response was spot on.

My point was more in relation to a number of other threads that are started and left open ended without what the solution or fix was. I know from my own experience on here that the solution must have been found but a few months later the thread never got updated.

Its not just this forum by the way and this one is very good but it’s just quite frustrating when you’re trying to sort something out, you can see other people have had the issue but they don’t tell you how they sorted it out.

Reactions: CAB
I tend to agree that unanswered threads are frustrating, but it was only yesterday this one was started, so maybe they will come back in and let people know what happened.

I have years of experience on forums and seen many a topic started, answered but never ended by those that are used to the one way traffic of general life. These tend to be the sort of people with cupboards full of loo roll and hand sanitiser and probably don't bring much to the forum table anyway, so no great loss.

I thought @Kingsway point was that it was a possible attempt to fish for information on how to break into a vehicle or at least if there was a way to break in without a key it certainly shouldn’t be published!

I agree with the possible fishing for information on how to break in to someone else’s vehicle. Maybe I’m just getting more and more cynical, but I tend to find that these days it’s justified cynicism.

The OP is a brand new member, never posted anything before and the first post they ever make is basically asking for advice on how to break in to our vans.

I won’t be offering any advice and would argue that this thread should be closed down by a moderator.

Maybe the correct answer, is to recommend extreme caution as all locked T6 have high voltage running through the door handles and proximity flame throwers under the doors;)

So is it possible to inadvertently lock your keys inside... (obviously if you have a second key and then lose that) but otherwise?

I'm a barn door sort of person so don't have tailgate or a middle button on fob.,,, I might have a go at pressing internal locks down on passenger door and sliding door and then shutting van. I need to know!:(

If you lock the the sliding door from inside and shut it the passenger and driver's door is still unlocked. Ok if you don't have a bulkhead but if you do you could be caught out... haven't checked if you can get through the rear doors I presume you can.

If you do it with the passenger door, just the passenger door is locked but the rest of the van is still open

The driver's door won't even let you do it.

Last edited:
Back