Hi from Staffordshire

MrBailey

VIP Member
Hi folks. Just signed up after nosing at various threads over the last few weeks, so saying hello. :waving:

Picked up a T6 kombi yesterday after wanting one for a while - my first personal VW and van (closest i've come to VAG is a couple of Audi company cars) Rented a T6 cali to do NC500 last year, was smitten and it was only a matter of time! :D

No doubt i'll be asking to pick peoples brains at some point - i'm planning to use the van as a daily drive and a sort-of camper but without going for a full conversion. Haven't really figured the details out yet, so will be tin-tenting it in the mean time - starting Saturday in the Lake District.

(I'm Chris btw ;) )

Welcome to T6F Chris.

Now get posting some pics.

Welcome Chris.
I use my Kombi as a day van and occasional camper. many different ways to make it work and this forum is a mine of information.
Get comfy and have a good look around. Plenty of friendly folk on here who will be happy to help you spend your cash.:thumbsup:

Welcome to your money pit Chris. Buying the van is just the start.
Don't read the forum, run away, save yourself, it's too late for the rest of us.... :rofl:

Welcome to Team Grey pal. Enjoy the ride and tell us all about the pro's and con's.. lots of experience on T6F.. so make the most of it.

:thumbsup:
Team Grey

Team Grey - automatic membership, or do I need to pass an entrance exam? Or get hazed? Please don't tickle my feet.

As far as money-pit, that shouldn't be too much of a problem, as I no longer have any money to spend after acquiring the bugger in the first place! Plus, my needs are pretty minimal - i'm too old for shiny twinkly bits, i've been there with a 106GTI.

The only thing I need/want to do is get it deadened/insulated/lined, so i'll be on the lookout for somewhere Midlands/Staffordshire that can do a good job without gouging an eye out. So far i've seen prices anywhere between £600 & £3k (across UK, not local) Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks for all the welcomes. It's almost 1 week since I got the van and i'm totally chuffed with it. Spent the night in it on Saturday, dirt-bagged in the back at a hostel carpark in Grasmere, and I was especially pleased to wake up with no condensation, considering it's totally unlined or insulated. Looking forward to getting out like that more now that I have a van.
IMG_1494.JPG CB20190305-001-3.jpg

First mod is complete today, standard van dealer reg plates replaced with euro style stamped metal ones - much cleaner look.

I've got a few things i'm looking at/thinking of and would appreciate any input and recommendations:
* Recommendations for reasonably priced and good quality sound deadening, insulation and lining in Midlands/Staffordshire area. I want to add some mid-level lashing points for my bike and equipment, and possibly box off the wheel arches and have a removable sleep platform that spans them.
* Has anyone hung a hammock (for a ~75kg adult) corner to corner in the rear? I've seen kiddie hammock across the front seats, but that's not what i'm looking for.
* For privacy curtains, i've seen this set but it's only for front and front side windows. As I want to keep the van as standard as possible (so not fit curtain rails and fixed curtains) i'd like to find similar magnetic mats for the rear passenger side windows and rear tailgate window. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Hi all,

Whilst not entirely ‘new’ (have been lurking for a week or two picking up hints, tips and ideas), I have finally got round to registering.

Pick up my converted T6 on Friday, so will post pics when I get it.

Excited to be here, learnt so much already.

Located in Staffordshire, cannot wait to get on the road (first time van owner).

Sorted insurance already through A-Plan, incredible service from Louise at the Shirley Branch. Completely hassle free!

Look forward to interacting with you all :)

Cheers,
Mikey

Welcome and congrats on your pending arrival! Looking forward to seeing it!

Back