Hi all

Stuupid

Team Grey T32 SWB
T6 Pro
Looking to buy a T6 to convert. Should I go for a basic highline panel van or is it worth the extra and getting a kombi? Kombi has the rear windows but I don't need the seats against getting rear windows fitted. Any thoughts welcome

Looking to buy a T6 to convert. Should I go for a basic highline panel van or is it worth the extra and getting a kombi? Kombi has the rear windows but I don't need the seats against getting rear windows fitted. Any thoughts welcome
The general consensus on here is that you should buy the best base specification you can afford and convert from there, whether that’s a Kombi or panel van doesn’t really matter. You may find a well equipped high line panel van for less money than the equivalent Kombi leaving you extra pennies to spend on the conversion, but it may be easier to find a better equipped Kombi.
I don’t think I would intentionally set out to look for one or the other, if a top spec Kombi came up for good money I would go for that, but it could just as easily be the other way around.

I think as @ChrisR said get the best you can.
Try and get a good base with the expensive bits already done. Like LED lights for me was a must.. 1. Because the H4 are shocking and 2. That upgrade is big money if you want to add the OEM. DSG is well worth trying to get.. it’s really down to budget.

Check out the Edition models they come at a good price and have a good spec

my shopping list was:
LED
DSG
Kombi
Heated seats
204ps

I got a good deal on a kombi minus the DSG and 204 but had a revo so that sorted the latter.

You can get bits on a Kombi factory fitted that it’s not possible to spec on a PV, comfort dash is one. I converted a PV but would have liked a Kombi for the dash upgrade. But as had been said already I had to prioritise what was most important in my budget. I still went way over that budget though!!

Haha “budget” I also had one of those!! :slow rofl:

I love the comfort dash but that cup holder really annoys me everything just jumps out of mine! I wish they had left those cup holder holes in the standard one and I would them to have changed the lower bit to the same darker colour

I think as @ChrisR said get the best you can.
Try and get a good base with the expensive bits already done. Like LED lights for me was a must.. 1. Because the H4 are shocking and 2. That upgrade is big money if you want to add the OEM. DSG is well worth trying to get.. it’s really down to budget.

Check out the Edition models they come at a good price and have a good spec

my shopping list was:
LED
DSG
Kombi
Heated seats
204ps

I got a good deal on a kombi minus the DSG and 204 but had a revo so that sorted the latter.

That's pretty much what I thought, thanks for the replies. I've seen plenty with DSG, not sure about an automatic though. Test drove one last year which was ok but expensive if it goes wrong apparently.

Haha “budget” I also had one of those!! :slow rofl:

I love the comfort dash but that cup holder really annoys me everything just jumps out of mine! I wish they had left those cup holder holes in the standard one and I would them to have changed the lower bit to the same darker colour
Agreed, cup holders on my last kombi were useless, no too bad with a can but no good with the bottled drinks. Kept spilling my wine lol

Think most people love the DSG who have one. I do and 7 speed is great. Never had a problem with the one in my old octavia. Make sure if it's an older T6 they have done the oil change.

That's pretty much what I thought, thanks for the replies. I've seen plenty with DSG, not sure about an automatic though. Test drove one last year which was ok but expensive if it goes wrong apparently.
Pretty sure the DSG if it’s looked after is pretty solid.

Back