HELP!

VWT6JGB

Hi All. Please someone help me with this issue it's driving me nuts!
In my instrument cluster, my right indicator arrow has a piece of dirt/debris stuck to it which is obviously illuminated every time I turn right. It's been this way since I bought the van from VW in August. This does my head in so much!!
Can I easily remove it?
I've attached a photo. Would this annoy anyone else or am I being fussy?

IMG_3735.JPG

My OCD could not cope with that - I'd literally be ripping the dash apart to get my way in get rid of it.
However the sensible option would to make the dealer rectify it.

Back to the dealer. My driver window made a funny noise a few days ago, back it went and it's now being sorted.

I've been into the dealer this morning. They took my details and said their warranty team will call me. To sort this they need to replace the entire instrument panel as it's a sealed unit. Hopefully they will do this under warranty for free?

As its a sealed unit it can't be a case of "reasonable wear and tear" that could have caused the issue. Like the other comments I'd be insisting that THEY fix at THEIR cost, and would start leaning on them rather hard if they try and baulk! Failing that go into the showroom with a tool kit and commence to make it look like your going to dismantle the dash on one of their show vehicles. When they moan just tell them that you're going to swap theirs for yours seeing as they don't think it a problem - they can see how much they like having a vehicle with a component that does not meet Quality Assurance standards.

It turns out that when VW took a close up photo and zoomed in, the speck of debris is actually the plastic edge of the arrow not peirced correctly so it's been there since it was manufactured!

It turns out that when VW took a close up photo and zoomed in, the speck of debris is actually the plastic edge of the arrow not peirced correctly so it's been there since it was manufactured!
..................and????????????????????????????

Back