Help with Alfreton car park

Merryman

Retired
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi, Does anyone live near Alfreton, Leicestershire. I was there a few weeks ago and used the Tesco car park. Saw that if the stay was for more than 3 hours, then by attending the 'Customers Service Desk' could get an extra hour. Which I did. Horizon Parking are pursuing £40 or £70 for overstay. Can anyone take a photo for me of the board in Tesco's regarding the Extension Privilege' . Much obliged.

Hi, Does anyone live near Alfreton, Leicestershire. I was there a few weeks ago and used the Tesco car park. Saw that if the stay was for more than 3 hours, then by attending the 'Customers Service Desk' could get an extra hour. Which I did. Horizon Parking are pursuing £40 or £70 for overstay. Can anyone take a photo for me of the board in Tesco's regarding the Extension Privilege' . Much obliged.
Did you buy anything in Tesco? do you have a receipt or card statement as proof? The parking company are acting as agents for the landowner, if the landowner tells the parking company to drop it, they have to. Contact Tesco directly, don't deal with the parking company.

Click this link & enter Tesco as the search parameter

Last edited:
not sure if it zooms in enough to retain enough definition though...

Thanks all, did try the street view, missing the sign. The one above is too blurry for a court defence. Thanks for the Derbyshire and not Leicestershire. Sat nav was playing up that day. I was travelling from Huddersfield to Norwich and had a collection from Alfreton, so used Tesco's. Did buy a coffee and a bun, but who keeps receipts for that stuff. Will have to look at my bank statement. As I can't remember.

Whatever you do - don't pay. Go to here Parking tickets, fines & parking

Read through the Newbies thread, and if necessary start your own thread. The folks there are incredibly knowledgeable (although a wee bit brusque if you don't do some of the work yourself!). Suggest you don't communicate with anyone until you have read through as it can be really important not to identify yourself as the driver.

HTH

Back