Help To Identify A Plastic Cover?

cowlsy

T6 Pro
CCB45240-2786-4D5D-96BD-DB7C56420332.jpeg 35FDE5D3-EFA4-4DEA-A8C6-C16D60178DDC.jpeg Good people
Whilst rummaging around under the bonnet this afternoon checking the windscreen washer and oil levels for the 10th time in the lockdown I found this plastic cover in the battery compartment of the engine bay.

Wasn’t Immediately obvious where it had come from so after much scratching of my head I’m putting it out there...

Anyone help please?

View attachment 65298 View attachment 65297 Good people
Whilst rummaging around under the bonnet this afternoon checking the windscreen washer and oil levels for the 10th time in the lockdown I found this plastic cover in the battery compartment of the engine bay.

Wasn’t Immediately obvious where it had come from so after much scratching of my head I’m putting it out there...

Anyone help please?
Hi @cowlsy ...it fits over the fuse box towards the front ....see pic
062F65BD-8665-4FBA-A3EB-BE424DC765B3.jpeg 12A9B52B-D274-4F88-9214-110E219CA64F.jpeg
I’ve cable tie’d it....not a good fit

Its supposed to clip into the front edge of the divider plastic but they are not a great fit

@VanDamMan I assume that grey box is the driver for DRL's? Is it wired to mimic the van's own DRL's or is it powered on ignition on?
I only ask but mine (fitted by Salop Vans) is ignition powered and they do not go off when dipped headlights are turned on like the van DRL's do.
My MoT is due this month and I wonder if it might be an issue?
I might have to change the power source to come off the van DRL's so they go off when the headlights are turned on (and stay off while the handbrake is on)

@VanDamMan I assume that grey box is the driver for DRL's? Is it wired to mimic the van's own DRL's or is it powered on ignition on?
I only ask but mine (fitted by Salop Vans) is ignition powered and they do not go off when dipped headlights are turned on like the van DRL's do.
I might have to change the power source to come off the van DRL's so they go off when the headlights are turned on (and stay off while the handbrake is on)
Hi...yes it’s the driver for Option fit DRL ...VW told me I couldn’t have them as I had oem led headlights....so this is where I blame the likes of @Deaky @Fish @ROMANY TAMPIN (well the wife does) ...knowing of a conflict issue I had them wired too it’s own switch ..so can turn them off independently...being independent should get me through MOT...hope that helps..:thumbsup::thumbsup::unsure:
16EF85E8-3C8D-42FA-815A-E67AF68F654D.jpeg C3AF2186-B0C5-4592-B209-CEFE75A56034.jpeg E51E21E7-43D5-42C3-BD52-14EE65A35671.jpeg

They should dim when the headlights come on if wired the default way

View attachment 65298 View attachment 65297 Good people

Anyone help please?
Hi Cowlsy,

I found the same plastic cover on my van last week and asked the same question, had several replies in under an hour, it must be a common problem, I think mine was left floating about after a recent main dealer service.
Once again thanks to you that replied with photo's so quickly.

Back