Help to contact Jamie at Duchy Banded Wheels [Sorted]

all very odd...
:unsure:

supposing the worst, and he's no longer trading, does anyone have any other recommendations for banding wheels??
Just had my 17” steel GPS done by Banded Customs, near Rayleigh in Essex. Really neat and quick turn around. He is on Facebook.

Nice set of 18" steels available for you, with new tyres that you can run for a while until you decide whether to try banding again...

18" JBW Steels + tyres​

Reasonable offers considered... :thumbsup: :D

Old thread I know, but hope you guys got this sorted.

As I'm currently looking at banded and the potential for 'out of true' is my main concern.

I have to say though, it shouldn't be. If the wheel is crap to start with, then it should never be banded. If the wheel is crap after then it has been banded badly. I think if the wheels are bad from the OEM manufacturers, then they would soon be sorted having worked for 1st Tier suppler myself for many years. They just wont put up with that shit.
Copies or after market avoid that pain and are greater risk.

First thing I'll be doing when I get mine is mounting up each wheel as received and running a DTI around it to see how out of true radially and axially it is. The issue is knowing what is acceptable.
I know my current steels are good (whatever that means in the context of trueness), but they wont be the ones being banded unfortunately as I plan to buy already done ones.

I have read 3 mm range, but it would be hard to understand at what point that range has to increase to in order to be felt through the van at the max speed.
Did you guys do any sort of assessment on your wobbly wheels?

Old thread I know, but hope you guys got this sorted.

As I'm currently looking at banded and the potential for 'out of true' is my main concern.

I have to say though, it shouldn't be. If the wheel is crap to start with, then it should never be banded. If the wheel is crap after then it has been banded badly. I think if the wheels are bad from the OEM manufacturers, then they would soon be sorted having worked for 1st Tier suppler myself for many years. They just wont put up with that shit.
Copies or after market avoid that pain and are greater risk.

First thing I'll be doing when I get mine is mounting up each wheel as received and running a DTI around it to see how out of true radially and axially it is. The issue is knowing what is acceptable.
I know my current steels are good (whatever that means in the context of trueness), but they wont be the ones being banded unfortunately as I plan to buy already done ones.

I have read 3 mm range, but it would be hard to understand at what point that range has to increase to in order to be felt through the van at the max speed.
Did you guys do any sort of assessment on your wobbly wheels?
Never did anything. Mine are still on the van. I haven’t got the money or time, can’t afford any other wheels so just been living with it. Waiting to wear out the current tyres and will buy a tidy brand to replace. Last throw of the dice for me. I’m truly gutted about it all but can’t do much about it now. Most banders I spoke to said it’s more cost effective to do another set than try to repair.

Back