Help Please Interior Lighting (for Beginner)

Gordon1702

Gas fitter
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I’m looking to get the rear of my van including the roof carpet lined, I’m hoping to put in a few extra lights, I’m not waiting to have a leisure battery, what’s the best recommendation? I want to be able to use the lights like I can with the standard ones, ie come on when doors open, have on permanent or off.

Thanks in advance.

Easiest is to just extend the loom from the rear courtesy light to each of the led units you want to put in, daisy chained. Then, when you open a door they’ll all come on.
To then have separate on/off control as well would need some form of switch in the system as well. You can “touch” led’s but not so sure they’d work as a three way operation.

hi iv just bought some spot lights for mine x 6 but did nor realise I ad bought touch ones to late to send them back so I guess few more fuses to blow again plus another flat battery lol I will be attempting to wire it to the orginal lighting and a leisure batt .whilst on the subject does anyone know if I can use this duritc splitcharger 12 volt /140 amp on this van again to late to send back I did read something on here about the charging and the battery I put one on my t5.1 and works fine but not sure on this set up and rather not upset anything any advice would be helpful.thank you

Back