Help! No more electricity from the alternator? Or something else?

Check the fuse at the main battery end, I think it's under the battery, or more easily remove the charge relay and check it has voltage on the feed from the main battery.

The main battery receive between 13 and 15v, engine running.

I drove 500km today, no any charge at any moment on the second battery.

"or more easily remove the charge relay and check it has voltage on the feed from the main battery."

I don't know what is it and how to do it.

"or more easily remove the charge relay and check it has voltage on the feed from the main battery."
That's the relay with marking "100" - the starter battery and the second battery join at the relay. Thus you should see main battery voltage at the relay. And voltage of the second battery on the other pin.

OK.

Seem to be the main battery, engine running : 12,15 (if I check on the main battery it's 14,7v)
When the second is 12,45.

If you do not have the starter battery voltage at relay "100" connector - the next to check is the main fuse feeding second battery circuit - under starter battery fuse SA3 (100Amps) - number 3 in the picture.

1701542218783.png

Oh no....
It was just this, this unplugged cable.
I tried and it's working now.

I'm sorry for the lost of time (at least I learned new things). I hope this topic will help some people.

Too busy with my clients + trusting the job done by the garage, I didn't check, not thinking it could be this kind of thing...

Thanks a lot for your help.

IMG-20231203-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20231203-WA0012.jpeg

That would explain it. If the BCM can't monitor the battery it will be very careful with load and clearly doesn't engage the split charge relay.

Oh no....
It was just this, this unplugged cable.
I tried and it's working now.

I'm sorry for the lost of time (at least I learned new things). I hope this topic will help some people.
Thanks for the feedback - didn't quite expect that. Anyways, I'm confident VCDS Auto-Scan would have pinpointed the disconnect!

Back