Help Configuring New T6 Kombi

Steven

Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline SWB 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 BMT 6-speed manual
I am in the process of configuring a Volkswagen Transporter Kombi T30 Highline SWB 2.0TDI 150PS EU6 BMT 6-speed manual and would like any comments in respects to the options I have selected.

Dust Seal (I have selected these due to previous post recommendations, I am not sure why, so any information why these are a good option welcomed!)

Discover Media Navigation System (I have selected this despite numerous posts reporting it is not that good as I would like a built-in nav. Are there any alternatives built in nav systems for the T6 that are better?)

2-Seater Bench on The Driver’s Side & Individual

Comfort Dashboard (Added after reading numerous other posts that it is a good option)

Folding Power Adjustable Wing Mirrors

80L Fuel Tank

Fresh Air Intake System with Activated Charcoal

Front & Rear Parking Sensors with Rear View Cam

Heated Front Seats

Seat Trim Covers in Leatherette

Swivel Passenger Seat

Voice Control

Media Control & App Connect

16” Clayton Wheels

There is a choice of tyres and it would be great to get thoughts on each

205/65 R16 C 107/105T or 215/65 R16 C 106/104T?

I will also like to have the option to convert this vehicle in the future to a camper, so is there anything at this stage that would be good value to specify?

Any advice on interior installation, carpeting and lighting would be also welcomed.

Looks a good spec, I will comment on some of the items to help you order or not;

I use the Discover Media nav in a number of our vehicles, all with app connect, and I think its one of the best integrated units on the market. Especially when you hook it up to your mobile and get live traffic.

Comfort dash lifts the interior completely - make sure you spec twin USB.

Dust seals help with road noise but also the door closed more solidly.

Leatherette - In my humble opinion I think this cheapens the interior.

Everything else is good, however if the budget allows, I would 100% recommend the LED lights, with high beam assist, just because the lights are so good, and also soft close on the rear doors, so you don't have to slam them.

HTH

I think I'd look at the twin battery option, as well as the parking heater for the engine, as then you could use the vehicles heater to warm the vehicle whilst away in it, or prior to going to/from work. LED is really a no brainer in my opinion, as there is a video somewhere on here on the lighting thread.

With reference to the thread on headlights, I know they are an expensive option, but to be able to have a reasonable field of frontal vision, I'd recommend LED headlights, but at the very lowest end get the H7's, and steer well clear of the H4's.

Hi there.

Defo LED headlights changes the whole look of the van as well as being great at lighting up the road with high beam assist!
I have opted for an after market double din as I would like to change the speakers which I'm really disappointed with compared to my T5.1. (I am also adding subs, amp ETC)
Door electric latching is something in retrospect I wish I had ordered.

Been out today in sunshine it's amazing how many double takes the LED's get, or it cos the missus was driving in her ray bans looking cool?

Im in a very similar situation and this post has been helpful. Just about to buy my first VW van and configuring a Kombi 150PS SWB. It's not for work but for me and my family. Having looked at what others have written I think I'm going for the following. If anyone can think of anything helpful I've missed then let me know!

DSG
Tailgate
Adapted Cruise Control (i think I'd prefer this to cruise control but haven't tried one with it).
Parking sensors
Twin Sliding Doors
Power assisted doors
Confort Dash
LED headlights
Composition media with app connect
Electric folding mirrors
Dust seals

I'm undecided about the following:
electric sunroof
heated front seats
swivel passenger seat
voice control
rear camera
The roof rails that come in built...seen them on a van but not sure what they're called.

Also, do the 17" wheels make any difference compared to the 16"?

Steven ...did you become any clearer on what tyres to go for?

Lastly, I don't really know what the fresh air intake system would do so if anyone has any clarity on that would be great.

My van hasn't arrived yet but I went without the sunroof as I want to put a pop top on it at some point, also sacked off the idea of the Sat Nav as I happily run Google Maps or Waze and have also spec'd App Connect. I also went for a base model colour (Red) which happens to be my favourite of all the Highline colours on offer and with all that money saved I opted for the LED's front and rear and a DSG box.
Full list of my options below...
LED Head & Tail Lamps
Parking Sensors (Front and Rear) & Rear Camera
High Beam Assist
Driver Alert + Multi Function
Powerfold Mirrors
Additional Dust Seals
Fresh Air Intake - Charcoal
Comfort Dash
Carpet Floor in Cab
Single Front Passenger Seat
Swivel Seats (Both)
Heated Seats (Both)
2+1 Split Bench
Composition Media DAB
App Connect
Power Latch - Tailgate
Power Latch - Side Door

Didn't specify the extra (twin) USB (my error there) but I'm planning on fitting a couple in the back and second row anyway so not really needed up front as I have a Brodit phone cradle with charging system from my last car anyway.

Supposed to have been built during week 11 so should be with me soon(ish) I suppose.

Hi Steven,
I've recently ordered a SWB Kombi van 204 DSG 4motion with a few extras but not as many as I would have liked ;) but I was told that the "dust seals" were no longer a factory option. I'd be interested to know if you have got these on a recent order?
My build date is week 18 with expected delivery end of May.

Lastly, I don't really know what the fresh air intake system would do so if anyone has any clarity on that would be great.
I believe you're referring to option "2V5 Fresh air intake with activated charcoal filter". It's just "a better" filter element than "regular" cabin/pollen filter element. Needs to be replaced every two years.

Back