Is this good for conversion / daily drive - 2018 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0L T32 TDI KOMBI HIGHLINE BMT 0d 148 BHP WINDOW VA

Advice please
I find myself Looking at a van again
Always wanted one to convert and found this local so looking at it today. Looks very tidy

2018 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0L T32 TDI KOMBI HIGHLINE BMT 0d 148 BHP WINDOW VA

But is the T32 a good one for this will be my daily driver. Seems a minefield for mot and other issues
60k miles
Should I avoid and look for a T30

Any advice appreciated

Can’t comment on the individual van, but I have a T32 and the class 7 mot is no issue. It costs £10 more but that’s about it.
Once you convert it to a camper it can be tested as a class 4 as it’s no longer a panel van.
Also means you won’t need to worry about overloading the weight of the van once it’s got a heavy conversion in it.
Mine has been my daily driver and family camper for 3 years and I’ve not had an issue related to it being a T32. Well, not that I’m aware of.

T32 has no more issues than any other T6.
I have a Euro 5 SWB T32 fully converted on standard running gear, it’s a van not a car and I’m very happy with it.
IMO the biggest influence on reliability is the engine and how well it’s monitored (fuel contamination of oil) and service intervals (avoid long service option).

Advice please
I find myself Looking at a van again
Always wanted one to convert and found this local so looking at it today. Looks very tidy

2018 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0L T32 TDI KOMBI HIGHLINE BMT 0d 148 BHP WINDOW VA

But is the T32 a good one for this will be my daily driver. Seems a minefield for mot and other issues
60k miles
Should I avoid and look for a T30

Any advice appreciated
I don’t see why a t32 would be a minus point tbh. Both of my Transporters have been t32, one was a work van & the other is a camper conversion. It would be my bus of choice if I bought another.

Back