Help, bi-turbo UK availability anyone?

Ashok2429

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Reaching out to anyone with any insider knowledge or who might be able to get some more information on availability of these in the UK....

Long story short, new turbo needed on my 18 plate 204 T32, local garage aren't getting anything out of their supplier who just say the parts on backorder with VW with no timeframe on when we might be able to get our hands on one.

Meant to be getting married in mid-August in France, and we really need the van to get down there with a load of stuff and the dog etc. (currently paying through the nose for a sh***y hatchback as the van is our only vehicle).

So hoping the well connected members of this forum might be able to shed any light on the situation that either I can go back to my garage and ask them to try a specific parts dealer or give them a couple other options.

Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ash

No expert on modern/vw turbos, but have you looked at refurbishing/rebuilding what you have? Plenty of turbo companies out there. I’ve only done old school KKK turbo rebuilds as they cannot be bought new or exchange.

As far as I’m aware VW only supply the complete bi-turbo assembly, possibly an exchange service. There are a few 204 members on the Forum who have been down this route, have a Search.

We also have a twin turbo setup on back order with VW at present for a customer as well. The supply is very slow at present. The only thing I may be able to help you with as a last measure is a rental van or kombi to get to you wedding.

We also have a twin turbo setup on back order with VW at present for a customer as well. The supply is very slow at present. The only thing I may be able to help you with as a last measure is a rental van or kombi to get to you wedding.
Thanks Oli. My van would probably have been with you guys had it not gone down so far from home as you’ve a lot of work on it over the last couple years .

I might be in touch re: a rental van.

Roughly how long has your customer already been waiting?

Thanks Oli. My van would probably have been with you guys had it not gone down so far from home as you’ve a lot of work on it over the last couple years .

I might be in touch re: a rental van.

Roughly how long has your customer already been waiting?
I think around a month

Back