Hello from (nearly) a new T6 owner

Morning! I have been on top secret missions lol! Glad to see I have been missed! I have just been super busy lately. I have been planning my escape in two years to a simpler life want to travel and tour around in the Kombi on a perm basis but got a lot to plan!

Morning! I have been on top secret missions lol! Glad to see I have been missed! I have just been super busy lately. I have been planning my escape in two years to a simpler life want to travel and tour around in the Kombi on a perm basis but got a lot to plan!
That's our @Buggirl, keeping the country safe. Couple more years of work, hardly suprising, the atrition rate of the Double O's must be rather high.;)

Thanks to Andy I got this reply from Swissvans this morning:
Hi Tom,

Good morning.

Correct! don’t ask, don’t get.

I can give you the roof styling bars, cross bars and the drop down DVD player with the headsets. I can’t change the alloys as they have already been paid for and fitted.

Also, if you have 20” alloys and something goes wrong with the vehicle, if it is seen to be linked to the problem in anyway VW will void the warranty.

One of the boys in the office had a customer whose Speedo was out by 5mph and his steering column went wrong and VW refused to fix it as the only recommend up to 18”.

Let me know if you want the freebies and we will get them thrown in.

Regards,

Alex

And thanks to Alex of course at Swissvans.

Hi Tom,

Good morning.

I can give you the roof styling bars, cross bars and the drop down DVD player with the headsets. I can’t change the alloys as they have already been paid for and fitted.

Also, if you have 20” alloys and something goes wrong with the vehicle, if it is seen to be linked to the problem in anyway VW will void the warranty.

One of the boys in the office had a customer whose Speedo was out by 5mph and his steering column went wrong and VW refused to fix it as the only recommend up to 18”.

Regards,

Alex

Ding Dong, snap their hands off, as you don't often get anything free in this world.:thumbsup:

Hi Tom,

Good morning.

Regards,

Alex

As I said worth asking m8 that's saved you a few quid :thumbsup:

I emailed to ask if I would be getting the original Highline wheels supplied to use as winter wheels so I can keep the 18" Wolfrace Classics for the good weather and was told no.....

I have sent back an email quoting the content (but not liniking) from here to see what Dean comes back with.

He'll probably be a little annoyed at Alex and Rhys lololol

I emailed to ask if I would be getting the original Highline wheels supplied to use as winter wheels so I can keep the 18" Wolfrace Classics for the good weather and was told no.....

I have sent back an email quoting the content (but not liniking) from here to see what Dean comes back with.

He'll probably be a little annoyed at Alex and Rhys lololol
Are you buying it as a wasp package?

yes

paying for leather with orange stiching, roof and side bars too.
Thats why they are probally not giving you the devonports then.
I agreed on the van standard kombi then decided i wanted leather,side bars, front and rear spoilers &20" assassins

sorry, I missunderstood.

It's not a set upgrade pack.

I ordered a Factory Order Highline with a couple of changes, then the Wasp front splitter, spoiler (to be supplied and not fitted), 18" Wolfrace Classics, Side and roof bars, 30mm lowering kit and plain black leather with colour stitching.

I forgot they do WASP 1, WASP 2 kits.

sorry, I missunderstood.

It's not a set upgrade pack.

I ordered a Factory Order Highline with a couple of changes, then the Wasp front splitter, spoiler (to be supplied and not fitted), 18" Wolfrace Classics, Side and roof bars, 30mm lowering kit and plain black leather with colour stitching.

I forgot they do WASP 1, WASP 2 kits.
Think they are trying to pull a fast one then the original wheels should come with the van then.
Think i fell lucky having rhys as my salesman, these others dont sound very good to be honest

Dean has been really helpfull and seems like a good lad to be fair.

I put him through the mill quoting and requoting until I'd actually made my mind up.

My email to them was "Will I receive the Standard highline wheels along with the Wolfrace being fitted as I will be needing winter wheels" etc

I was told "All is good and the van is on order. The original alloys are normally removed and not sent with the van."

So not really an outright no it will not happen as such.

I replied with,

"I was just reading a T6 forum about wheels and wheel sizes when I stumbled across information about guys who've gotten vans through yourselves having free upgraded to 20's but having the originals on and the 20's in the back etc.
The thought never occured to me that the originals wouldn't be supplied when getting aftermarket upgrades.

"Who is dealing with your sale is it Rhys ?if it's not to late in the sale process you could ask for the 20,s they did them for the same price as the 18s but placed them in the rear of the van and left the oem wheels on.
They also threw some roof bars + cross bars and DVD and 3sets of headphones in free of charge, if you don't ask you don't get.
Oh and I got some free oem front and rear mats ;)
Your missing heated seats didn't think I would use them but we do"

Thought I'd put the bit about the freebies to at least prompt a discussion around it.
I'm not overly fussed about a DVD player, or even getting 20's as I think 18's will work with the look I want.
I even already agreed to pay for the roof and side bars.

I'm pretty keen to get what comes with the van though, as I never really made an agreement to trade the standard wheels in for the aftermarket ones!

I was told they credit against the wheels as the wolfrace are dearer, 'we' get them at a reduced cost.

I've had a response and can confirm what Tombs has said is what I've been told also.

As I was under the assumption that I would receive them I may or may not have been told I will get them as a goodwill gesture, I wouldn't like to publicly state either way as it may harm any offer made ;)

Back