Hello from Lincolnshire

Ro88ygh

Good Evening, and a quick hello from Lincolnshire. just got myself a 16 plate T30 lwb in silver with the intention of converting it to a camper. No picture as it's still factory spec at the moment.
got a shopping list as long as my arm, and will be starting on the outside first, wheels and suspension are top of the list.
cheers all
Rob

Hello from Lincolnshire. Just recently bought my 1st T6 Camper King conversion. After spending some holidays on a motorcycle camping, the camper is indeed luxury. Taken 1st short trip away in Castleton off grid with buddies. Loving it so far and looking forward to further adventures in the van.

Hi there everyone

New member from Lincolnshire about to embark on the Transporter van route.
Looking to buy/convert a van in the coming weeks.

So any advice. I am debating a panel van and then doing the conversion over the winter months ready for spring.
Debating between T28 and 30. Also 110 and 150ps. Any recommendations there would be helpful.

I assume panel van over Kombi as i was to put a bed and kitchen in, again any experience you have had would be appreciated.

Looking forward to replies, and meeting a few of you, as my project starts to take off and develop.

Thanks

Reactions: CAB
Hi @denz1968 - welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't worry too much regarding T28 vs T30. Many (me included) will argue that you'll need to be very careful not to overload a T28 camper, but the reality is that a T28 is mechanically identical to a T30, so to up-plate a T28 is a relatively inexpensive paper exercise.

110 vs 150ps - personally, I think the performance/economy sweet-spot is the 150 (preferably with DSG), but the 110 is perfectly adequate and more economical, albeit slightly noisier at motorway speeds.

Kombi vs PV - not much in it IMO. You'll pay more for the equivalent Kombi, but you get the windows and you can sell the Kombi innards.

Have you considered trim level? If you go Startline, ensure it has A/C fitted as an option (standard on Highline).

I would also mention the old SWB vs LWB debate, but then I'd have to shoot myself... oh bugger!

@Bav thanks for that. Yes regarding trim level, and was looking at a highline with at least parking sensors, if not the full rear camera.

Didnt know you could up plate a vehicle - may need to investigate that.
The windows on the Kombi were appealing but most seem to have doors both sides which seems excessive to me.

Was going in at SWB unless of course I find a LWB at the right price

Hi, please show us some photos of your van...
Not bought yet but will show when I do

Back