Hello from a man seeking T6 camper

Richy_Boy

Having just joined the website and taking a look through the helpful posts, I thought I'd read the intro message and come and say hello!

I joined the group as part of my research into T6 vans, as I'm looking at buying a camper and possibly using as a daily drive. It's my first van, having always driven slight sporty cars.

If anyone has any tips, or knows anyone selling a camper, please let me know - I have a long list of requirements, which I was going to post in the wanted section once I have permissions to. The basics are T6, highline ideally, AC, tailgate, popup top, normal rock n roll bed and kitchen layout.

I can't resist modifying cars, so I suspect I'll get the bug in no time and will be adding wheels, suspension etc.

Richard

Last edited:
Don't rule out Trendline spec....easy to get the highline look with the addition of front foglight kit, mfsw etc....

Welcome to the forum. Many good build threads on here as well as written up journeys of those that have treaded a similar path. Below is my thread.

Remember ‘search’ is you friend.

best of luck.

CZ.

Don't rule out Trendline spec....easy to get the highline look with the addition of front foglight kit, mfsw etc....
Hi, yes - I'm generally looking at highline to get some of the optional extras, like AC and some electric toys. This may end up being my daily, so I'd like it to be as much like a car as possible. In fact, externally, I'll be looking to add (if not already there) some of the Sportline bits, so the front end is a bit more aggressive..

I'll find the details on Trendline etc, so I know what I'm looking at!

My camper is my daily driver and has been for 3 years, works fine for me.

Have kept standard 16 inch alloys, got CRS performance to put Koni active dampers and H&R 40mm lowering springs which has vastly improved the ride.

Good luck with your search and as the other guys have said you're in the best place for advice and to ask questions.

Don't rule out a California if you can get one in budget, the residuals are mental they have everything on your wish list and you could likely own for a year a 2 for pennies.

Oh and welcome to the board! Say good bye to your disposable income :think smile bounce::D

Having just joined the website and taking a look through the helpful posts, I thought I'd read the intro message and come and say hello!

I joined the group as part of my research into T6 vans, as I'm looking at buying a camper and possibly using as a daily drive. It's my first van, having always driven slight sporty cars.

If anyone has any tips, or knows anyone selling a camper, please let me know - I have a long list of requirements, which I was going to post in the wanted section once I have permissions to. The basics are T6, highline ideally, AC, tailgate, popup top, normal rock n roll bed and kitchen layout.

I can't resist modifying cars, so I suspect I'll get the bug in no time and will be adding wheels, suspension etc.

Richard
There’s several for sale on the forum, just follow this search tag:
Oh and welcome!

Welcome...and don't immediately dismiss barn doors. I had a tailgate T5 and now have a barn door T6- I prefer the barn doors for several reasons.
Thanks - I'm starting to think, considering my budget, I may have to go with barn doors and then if funds/need requires I figure out how to convert it later on.

The three reasons we were looking for a tailgate are #1 - shelter from rain showers #2 - unobstructed view out the back (with door(s) open and closed) #3 - cleaner look

There’s several for sale on the forum, just follow this search tag:
Oh and welcome!
Thank you - I've taken a look through the for sale posts already, will take another look now I haven't fully discounted barn doors. Seems to rare, and with the other options I'd like become either rare or expensive!

Don't rule out a California if you can get one in budget, the residuals are mental they have everything on your wish list and you could likely own for a year a 2 for pennies.

Oh and welcome to the board! Say good bye to your disposable income :think smile bounce::D
I'd love a california, however, they're quite a bit above my budget for a T6.. my budget really tops out at about £33k :(

I've been building/rebuilding a kit car since Covid, so this is something else to soak up whatever money I have left after paying the gas bill!

The picture is my Son at his end of school Prom :)

LEwis_kit_prom.jpg

Only thing to avoid is the candles they call H4 headlights. Other than that it's totally your choice.
I'll look out for light upgrades - I'm targeting a 'fresh' looking T6 with the sportline bumpers etc. I love modifying cars, so I think a van will fit right in..

My camper is my daily driver and has been for 3 years, works fine for me.

Have kept standard 16 inch alloys, got CRS performance to put Koni active dampers and H&R 40mm lowering springs which has vastly improved the ride.

Good luck with your search and as the other guys have said you're in the best place for advice and to ask questions.
Thank you - I ran Koni active dampers on an Alpina B3s I used to own.. they worked really well. In the end, I swapped them for a set of coilovers, which ruined the smooth ride.

Unless the van I buy has something decent on it already, I'll probably look at Bilstein comfort coilovers, as I've read they're a good balance.

Back