Hello and awning rail fitting advice

VanDamme

Hi all, new here as we just purchased our first VW T6 camper. Slowly spending my life savings on mods and improvements :)

The first thing i'm needing is an awning but i'm a little unsure if there are different styles of rail or is it a standard fit? I'm also wondering about fitting as i'm wary to fit one myself (even though its looks relatively simple), i just worry about drilling the van. I've initially looked at the Reimo multirail, is this the best option?

Any advice is welcome. Also on awnings!

thanks in advance

Reactions: CAB
Van x have good rails which are like the Reimo …. And they state no screwing necessary …. Sika adhesive is really really strong lol
I have in the past fitted with screws a reimo rail but I’m looking at the van x now

I have bought one of those …haven’t fitted yet but all looks top quality .

ok, the Van x one looks like a great option, not having to drill the van is a bonus. i'll see if i can find some reviews but thanks!!

also, don't forget the 'search' function at the top (right) of the page, really good/comprehensive tool :thumbsup:

We use REIMO, best quality, satin black is nice and when fitted properly looks great. We also fit wind out awnings to these so glue and screw gives piece of mind. The Vamoose ones I have seen are not as satin, but slightly shiny which I dont like, but thats subjective.

If you want a concealed rail then try one of these. Sits in the rain gutter and simple fixes by the existing roof bolts.

When we connect our awning to the van using velco straps to the roof rack, simple, quick and effective,

I'm going to take a look at something like this, I've read can install one using the bolts for the pop top?

Hi Vandamme,
I had the sit in gutter type of rail fitted, but found when my drive-away awning was fixed to it, it rubbed against the roof.
So I removed it and fitted a Reimo rail, and yes you have to drill the side of the van to fit it.
But it's all pretty straightforward.

I'm going to take a look at something like this, I've read can install one using the bolts for the pop top?
I'd leave the roof bolts alone or you may get water ingress. A Reimo rail alloes you to fit awnings etc without lifting rof etc

Back