Heater Luke-Warm [Resolved]

F2JON

VIP Member
T6 Guru
New to Vw t6 I find my heater only blows Luke warm, is this normal or has anyone else had this problem? It’s a 2016 150 t30 startline. Cheers for any advice ...

Should have plenty of heat think a for a lot of people lack of heat control is the problem. Lots of heat or nothing. I assume sliders on vents are all open.

Firstly, the heater takes a good ten minutes before its producing heat. Then its very dependent on the heater control position. I find 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock lots of heat on all but the lowest heating setting ( to clear the windows I assume) every other position is a delicate balance I've yet to master after nearly three years of ownership, or 6 years if you count my T5 which was the same. I do find keeping the feet warm when its really cold is a big problem.

I’ve got it on windscreen and right round to hot and it’s like being breathed on by someone although strangely I’ve just travelled back from work the same journey as this morning with the heat control on the 12 o’clock position and it’s melting my face?? So what’s all that about ??

I’ve got it on windscreen and right round to hot and it’s like being breathed on by someone although strangely I’ve just travelled back from work the same journey as this morning with the heat control on the 12 o’clock position and it’s melting my face?? So what’s all that about ??

Have you got the Climatic climate control?

if you have there are various electronic motors that control the heat and distribution of the air to keep a constant temp . . . .

best way to test it is direct the air straight out of the front center air vents and monitor the temps from there.

default temp should be 22degC ish,

with the heat dial at 12 o-clock,

and the blowers on with the engine temp gauge showing 90 deg C (pointing 12 oclock) with the engine running.

No it’s only a start line it’s not got climate control, wondered if startlines actually come with a heater or if it’s optional lol

Humour me and run it off 'windscreen' see if it heats(hotter) via face vents. :thumbsup:

Update , So I’ve been to Bilston Vw van center today, great service, had a phone call within an hour saying they’d found the problem my cable had come off my hot/cold dial. Problem solved Incase anyone else has the issue :)

Update , So I’ve been to Bilston Vw van center today, great service, had a phone call within an hour saying they’d found the problem my cable had come off my hot/cold dial. Problem solved Incase anyone else has the issue :)
Was it an expensive fix? Mine has just gone.

Back