Headunit switched ignition?

Olliewensink

Hi guys, I’ve jumped on here from over on the t4 forum. I’ve put a t6 head unit into my t4 I’ve got it working fine with constant live but I can’t find where a switched wire goes into the back of the radio? Any diagram I find doesn’t show it. Any help possible will be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi guys, I’ve jumped on here from over on the t4 forum. I’ve put a t6 head unit into my t4 I’ve got it working fine with constant live but I can’t find where a switched wire goes into the back of the radio? Any diagram I find doesn’t show it. Any help possible will be appreciated. Cheers.
There isn't one. It's switched by CANBUS.

Have you had the unit patched, a standard unit will shutdown after 8 hours of receiving no component protection signal from the (T6) instrument cluster

You can buy a CAN BUS emulator.... That works the other way round...

IE will generate a 12v IGN from a CAN van..

But you need the other way round....

To Generate a CAN signal from a non can van.

But as above, component protection...........

What unit?
Have you got part number or photo?

Reactions: mmi
Back