Headrest Clip / button

jengledow

I need a replacement clip/ button for the headrest height adjuster (the bit ringed red in the picture). I've searched google, but can only find the whole unit, does anyone know where I can get just the clip? If not I'll just buy the whole thing, but It's quite a waste when I only need a little part of it!

Untitled.png

I’d hazard a guess that it’s sold as a complete unit.
Have you got any breakers yards near you? Probably the same part on most VW’s.

It’s something I’ve never seen separately,
Maybe someone has one kicking around on here?

I need a replacement clip/ button for the headrest height adjuster (the bit ringed red in the picture). I've searched google, but can only find the whole unit, does anyone know where I can get just the clip? If not I'll just buy the whole thing, but It's quite a waste when I only need a little part of it!

View attachment 129357
I bought a seat from Kernow Transporters and he had some spare. So it’s worth giving Richard a shout.

Resurrecting this as I've got the same problem - could someone tell me what the part's formally called please? And / or maybe a part number? Ours is a fetching cream colour, being in the Cali seat / bed. Oh - and how does the old one come out?

The part number for the headrest retaining tube is GWA 1T0 883 920E and it'll be under £10 from VW. At least, that's certainly the number for the light grey tube. Check with the parts dept is yours isn't light grey. The headrest tubes on the front seats are a dark grey / anthracite colour - this one was from the Cali seatbed in the rear, which uses a light grey plastic trim.

If all that's lost is the button, there's no need to actually remove the original head rest tube. The cover pops off easily, and slipping the button bit on is easy. This said, the tech who serviced the van last week obviously put in the entire unit. It clearly was a massive job, as they didn't even charge for doing it :)

I couldn't work out how to get the wretched thing out, but as you can see from the image, he obviously managed to get something to push the retaining catch back. I'd tried, but clearly he used more grunt than I had!

IMG_1629.jpg

Back