Headlights - Replace OEM LEDs with aftermarket LEDs

amo1968red

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all

My T6 has OEM LEDs...but they're very 'chromey' (reflectors and such)...and I like the idea of the THQ V3 Black Edition style (as my van is all black...wherever possible ;)) . However, I gather that the THQ fittings won't work, as they'll only work on vans without existing LEDs (apparently).

Anyone out there changed OEM LEDs for aftermarket versions? Anyone know of any aftermarket versions that would work?

Presumably the OEM units are sealed, so you couldn't open them up and de-chrome them?

Try and tint them or contact EM Tuning.....the are big in modifying headlights

Presumably the OEM units are sealed, so you couldn't open them up and de-chrome them?

Try and tint them or contact EM Tuning.....the are big in modifying headlights

^^^ This is probably the best move.

Used to be called the 'Joey mod' in the early days where light units were split open and the non functional surfaces painted black.

^^^ This is probably the best move.

Used to be called the 'Joey mod' in the early days where light units were split open and the non functional surfaces painted black.
Or you could go to a tinter and get a smoke film added

Oh man, in all the thousands of forum posts on headlights, I thought I’d seen it all. Never did I imagine we’d see a post asking whether to swap out OEM LEDs for aftermarket….

@Texxaco ...weren't you explaining something similar to me at Campermart?
@amo1968red there is a company who can change the colouring and setup of you led lights, not cheap but they would be as you want them rather than chrome.

I will try to dig out the company details.

Back