Headlight Washer Issue

Kev23

QA Engineer
T6 Guru
My headlight washers used to come on around every 5th (ish) cycle when when using the screen washers, for some reason they've stopped working, this could have happened when it was in at the dealers, but i've just noticed.
Anyone have any ideas to the issue, screen washer are working fine

My headlight washers used to come on around every 5th (ish) cycle when when using the screen washers, for some reason they've stopped working, this could have happened when it was in at the dealers, but i've just noticed.
Anyone have any ideas to the issue, screen washer are working fine

Stupid question, but are your headlights actually on whilst you check the washers?

The headlight washers are controlled by the BCM and activated by fluid pressure so they can be programmed to not work, if it freezes they won’t work or if any of the pipes split or develop a leak/loose joint they won’t work as fluid pressure is required to push the spring loaded jets out of the bumper

yes, checked both off and on. They definitely worked prior to going into the dealers, but as they claimed the van had a faulty fuse terminal i wondered if they've done something in the fuse box. Didn't really want to put it back in if i didn't have to... i'll just bite the bullet again

thanks

Do you have enough screen wash in the bottle?
The headlight washers don't work when you have used half the fluid. It's very annoying especially since I'm topping up every week at the moment with their dirty wet damp roads.

Do you have enough screen wash in the bottle?
The headlight washers don't work when you have used half the fluid. It's very annoying especially since I'm topping up every week at the moment with their dirty wet damp roads.

Yeah, i thought that too, but that's full also. Booked into dealers on Tuesday

Thanks @Loz i'll check the fuse out 1st

Strange, mine wash every time. Wonder if it’s a setting somewhere..
If you are willing to give a try you could check what's the value of BCM (09) adaptation channel 44. All the vans I have scanned have "5" in there.
However OBDeleven experimental/unconfirmed data suggests that the value is "tear wipe delay in seconds".

If you are willing to give a try you could check what's the value of BCM (09) adaptation channel 44. All the vans I have scanned have "5" in there.
However OBDeleven experimental/unconfirmed data suggests that the value is "tear wipe delay in seconds".
Will have a look tomorrow :thumbsup:

Will have a look tomorrow :thumbsup:
This wash every time bothers me a bit, so here's another request... if/whenever you have a VCDS session...

Could you please pull out full adaptation and measurement block data from the BCM (module 09) - as follows:

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
09-Maps.png

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap-09-... and blockmap-09-... in directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Would be great if could upload the two files - just strip off last 5 digits of the VIN in file name and rename the files as .TXT-files (as The Forum doesn't like .csv files o_O). TIA.

This wash every time bothers me a bit, so here's another request... if/whenever you have a VCDS session...

Could you please pull out full adaptation and measurement block data from the BCM (module 09) - as follows:

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
View attachment 57205

Tick/fill boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and there will be files adpmap-09-... and blockmap-09-... in directory C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....

Would be great if could upload the two files - just strip off last 5 digits of the VIN in file name and rename the files as .TXT-files (as The Forum doesn't like .csv files o_O). TIA.
Strangely I’ve paid more attention today. I washed the windows and the headlights didn’t do it.
I should get some time to do this tomorrow.
I will also have a check and count how often my headlight washers do activate.
Cheers

Reactions: mmi
Back