Heading Down To Swanage This Weekend

RyanVWT6

T6 Pro
Hi Guys,
heading down to Swanage this weekend anyone stayed at the Lytton Lawn Touring Park
any good. I have the wife and 2 young kids wondering if anyone had experienced it or have any better suggestions. I know its last minute but hey that's why I bought the van lol.

Can't comment on the campsite, but a warning, don't park your van/camper along the sea front in Swanage. You WILL get a ticket. They hate camper vans / motorhomes in Swanage.

It's a real shame as I love the town, but their parking wardens are Vicious.

Enjoy it, just check and double check you can park in a car park that is not strictly "cars only". I got done for £60. :mad:

$immo is correct. I worked on a construction on the sea front and vans are a no no, at certain times of the year. However there is loads of free parking on the roads adjacent to the sea front. Just be careful, some are residents only.
Stayed at lytton for a couple of nights whilst working there. We were warned not to get a pitch close to the road as it is very busy at all times. We requested a pitch away from the road and they were cool about it. Decent clubhouse, small park for the kids.
Swanage is nice if you get the weather.

Just been to Swanage in Kombi, local resident said he was surprised I hadn't been ticketed. Not sure what issue is whether campervan or commercial vehicle. Loads of other vans and pickups parked along seafront none ticketed.

Just been to Swanage in Kombi, local resident said he was surprised I hadn't been ticketed. Not sure what issue is whether campervan or commercial vehicle. Loads of other vans and pickups parked along seafront none ticketed.
Most of the pay and display machines and signs will say in small print "cars only" and they penalty ticket everything else whether you have paid for a ticket or not.
Sounds like you were lucky, I believe there is some parking away from the seafront that accept our so offensive vans and campers! :thumbsdown:

I love Swanage, but no longer visit.:cry:

That’s really annoying. I can see an issue with the big white plastic horse box style motorhomes, but we’re the same size as many cars.

Shame. I like Swanage too. Any other places to avoid parking in van where it's OK to park a 'normal' car? Just seems a bit petty.

Shame. I like Swanage too. Any other places to avoid parking in van where it's OK to park a 'normal' car? Just seems a bit petty.

I believe it was spoiled by as @andys stated, lines of big white motorhomes parked up taking up all the spaces and ruining the view for the locals in beach huts etc .

Most of Dorset council have the same approach against campervan and motorhomes. :thumbsdown:

An example of the "cars only" sign that cost me £60 in a completely empty street in Nov when I parked up to buy fish & chips in the town. Obv I bought a pay & display ticket and was back to the van before it expired. :devil:

Following appeals and some therapy I'm over it now..... Honest:mad:
Screenshot_20190413-103352__01.jpg

Back